Ranking
Original Post
[ARMA II Free]
if you played OFP and liked it, if you played ARMA and liked it, here goes ARMA II and you will like it too ;p

ARMA 2 is a tactical shooter video game for the PC developed by Bohemia Interactive Studio. It is considered the spiritual successor in the Operation Flashpoint-series following its predecessor, ArmA: Armed Assault (ArmA: Combat Operations in North America). ARMA 2 was released in June and July 2009. An expansion pack titled ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead was released in 2010. In June 2011 a free to play version of the game was released, featuring multiplayer and limited singleplayer modes.

Gameplay
ARMA 2 is a tactical shooter with significant vehicle and aircraft elements. The player is able to command AI squad members which adds a real-time strategy element to the game. This is further enhanced by introduction of the high command system, which allows the player to command multiple squads using the map. ARMA 2 is set primarily in the fictional Eastern European nation of Chernarus, (meaning "Black Russia"). The Chernarus landscape is based heavily on the Czech Republic, the home country of the developer.

The area of approximately 225 km2 is based on actual satellite photos of České Středohoří. All necessary data is loaded silently in the background, therefore the player is at no time interrupted by any loading screens while traveling through the terrain, though there are loading screens between episodes.

ARMA 2 features 6 distinct armed factions, all with their own vehicles and weapons.

United States Marine Corps
Armed forces of the Russian Federation
Chernarussian Defence Forces "CDF"
Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star "ChDKZ"
National Party "NAPA"
Citizens of Chernarus

Equipment

ARMA 2 features around 80 realistically represented weapons with many variants from including assault rifles, machine guns, and missile launchers. There are around 130 vehicle variants, and any vehicle that exists in-game can be controlled by the player, including everything from civilian cars, tractors and bicycles. Similarly, all aircraft encountered in the game can be flown by the player. All have limited fuel and realistic weapon loadouts.

Ballistics

All weapons have realistically simulated ballistics. Rounds travel in parabolic trajectories and show effects of bullet drop dependent on their caliber. Muzzle velocities are modeled, and rounds lose velocity and knockdown power over time traveled. The ranges at which weapons are zeroed are fixed in the base game, although the Arrowhead expansion allows this to be modified. Sniper rifles can use stadiametric rangefinding to adjust for long-range shots. US rifles use mil-dot scopes while Russian rifles use Bullet Drop Compensation (BDC) scopes such as the PSO-1. In additions, bullets will ricochet from surfaces depending on angle of impact. Penetration is also models, with rounds that pass through materials suffering from altered velocity and direction.

Mission Editor

ARMA 2 includes a feature rich mission editor which makes it possible to create user made single player missions or campaigns and multi player missions. Mission editor includes a wizard which makes the creation of basic missions extremely simple. More complex missions can be enhanced with scripting commands. The syntax and interface has been kept largely consistent with ArmA, meaning that missions are easily ported across and that there is a wealth of documentation available for new users.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Free version

In June 2011 Bohemia Interactive released a free to play version of ARMA 2, featuring full multiplayer compatibility with the retail version of ARMA 2. However the singleplayer campaign has been omitted and players will not be able to use HD textures, mods or play with Operation Arrowhead or DLC content. Essentially it serves as a "Lite" version of the game.

DOWNLOAD HERE

The ARMA II toribros

thorn
sid
dargon
pika
cartoon
snake
lume
giantz
Last edited by sid; Jul 17, 2011 at 01:16 AM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
man everything is going free

but I really want to check this out so I'm definitely downloading it
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
I always wanted to try this, but I didn't really want to spend the money and buy something I didn't like that much afterall, totally downloading this.
Σ
this isn't fps... this is combat simulator...

means:
VERY high diffictly
complicated controlls
and so on.

lets say it this way. ARMA 2 and common FPS
is like toribash and common fighting games.

Basicly you can die after one shot, 2 if you are lucky, or get injured that badly that you are out of combat and your soldier is bleeding and scream for help.

and thats really hard to find out from where you got shot, also thats hard to reconize enemy.. camo, uniform, and of cause there is no names above players and minimap isn't arcade type.

also if you was shot in arm ur accuracy decreasing significantly.
if you was shot in leg you cant walk anymore only crawl
shot in head fatal
shot in body is like 50/50

and of cause if you will try to play ARMA 2 as you play MW2 or Bad company you will fail miserably..

in other words.. if you are ready to crawl in grass and run in forests for some long time, and then get killed without any frags from somewhere you never know..
feel free to install, play and enjoy.

the rest will just rage quit and unistall ;p

THIS IS NOT FPS
Last edited by snake; Jul 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
link to download?
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
Originally Posted by snake View Post
this isn't fps... this is combat simulator...

means:
VERY high diffictly
complicated controlls
and so on.

lets say it this way. ARMA 2 and common FPS
is like toribash and common fighting games.

Basicly you can die after one shot, 2 if you are lucky, or get injured that badly that you are out of combat and your soldier is bleeding and scream for help.

and thats really hard to find out from where you got shot, also thats hard to reconize enemy.. camo, uniform, and of cause there is no names above players and minimap isn't arcade type.

also if you was shot in arm ur accuracy decreasing significantly.
if you was shot in leg you cant walk anymore only crawl
shot in head fatal
shot in body is like 50/50

and of cause if you will try to play ARMA 2 as you play MW2 or Bad company you will fail miserably..

in other words.. if you are ready to crawl in grass and run in forests for some long time, and then get killed without any frags from somewhere you never know..
feel free to install, play and enjoy.

the rest will just rage quit and unistall ;p

THIS IS NOT FPS

Yeah, shit is fucking hard, still didn't get in the hang of it, and I'm not having much fun, but I guess I'll eventually get better and enjoy it properly.
Σ
Haha, sounds like actual war.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Man this game is fun.

There's something fulfilling about going in with a team to destroy a radio tower using a satchel charge, and nobody has any idea that the satchel charge is set for 30 seconds until the person who set it starts screaming for everyone to run. Now, this is all while surrounded by parachuting soldiers all shooting at you. So in the midst of an intense firefight, where you have the disadvantage, you are also trying to flee from a bomb that is going to go off at any minute. A helicopter that was supposed to give you support manages to fly over the bomb right before it detonates. You turn around and bodies fly from the explosion, and the helicopter pilot is telling everyone that his tail rotor is shot and he's going down. Only a few of you are left, to fight the ever increasing amount of enemy soldiers surrounding you.

Fuck yes. That is by far the most intense firefight I've been in, in that game. I somehow made it out alive, crawled my ass (due to a leg wound) to a MASH I had built earlier, regrouped with my commander, and continued to kick ass.
Last edited by Thorn; Jul 15, 2011 at 06:34 PM.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor