Toribash
Original Post
<playername> has joined the room.
while playing in any room, the players are automatically alerted when another player disconnects/pings and also when the operator executes a command through the chat, but it doesn't say when a new player joins the room. I would like to see one of those short gray messages when a player connects. this could be useful in rooms with a lot of people, like bets and tourneys, because sometimes you don't notice that someone (maybe a friend or clan-mate) is there before you see their name in the long list.
Your pal,
crith
And we need a command that also tells us the last maybe 15 messages a person typed (to see if anyone is force pinging in bet servers or getting themselve force kicked through spamming in whisper). I know you can already do /history but that only shows your history. So how about /history (name) just so we can also see what another person typed. I do realize it's kind of breaking the players privacy a little bit but maybe this is something only ops or staff can do. Just an idea.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 19, 2015 at 08:11 PM.
Contact Kradel if you need me.
fairly simple. It can be easily coded for this message to be said when someone joins a room i dont see any repercussions so far.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 19, 2015 at 08:12 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
It could spam up a room with messages after a global, and even make the server crash, I dont see why its really needed, yeah it could be nice in some cases, but is it NEEDED?
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
why would the server crash from this? it is just adding a small message for each person that joins the room. also yes, the chat would fill up very quickly, but after a few minutes when the host is saying the room's rules, everything will be settled and the join messages will have stopped. after that, smooth sailing.
Your pal,
crith
there is no evidence that suggests this would cause crashes. until someone can actually show me/explain to me why this would crash, I won't consider "it causes crashes" a valid criticism.

Imagine for a second that this feature would add 0 lag and 0% likelihood of a crash. is there any reason why it would be a bad idea, then?
Your pal,
crith
many commands or many chay messages make the server crash, so logically so would many coded commabds making the server do things
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
It could spam up a room with messages after a global, and even make the server crash, I dont see why its really needed, yeah it could be nice in some cases, but is it NEEDED?

many commands or many chay messages make the server crash, so logically so would many coded commabds making the server do things

Jolly jee willikers! He's right! Why, in light of this, I propose that we also remove all other notifications completely. I mean, do we NEED to know when a person leaves a server? Or when they're added to the spectators because they were AFK? I mean, it's obvious they were AFK due to their lack of movement in the match. Right? And, we should assign player "Chat Moderators" for every public room, so they can manually approve every message sent in order to prevent chat flooding by player conversation, which could possibly crash the server. Actually... why stop there! Let's remove the chat altogether! There's so much potential for the server to crash, that we just can't risk it.

*Sigh* Now that that is out of the way.

Asking if a feature is needed is a convenient excuse to keep something stagnant. Were 3d items needed? Not really, they're just nice to look at. Do we actually need force and relax colors? Or textures? No, not really. They're just nice features. And that's exactly what this is. A nice feature that gives a simple convenience to players in general, not just those in large queues. I can stand behind this idea.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 22, 2015 at 02:43 PM.
What im saying is that the negatives outweigh the positives, and that the effort required to implement this is clearly unjustified.

Your argument made very little sense, you said in effect "no it isnt needed, ok it might make the servers a crashier than they already are... but I want it cause it could be sort of nice for a while after it is implemented"

I dont see how it being sort of a moderate convenience occasionally outweighs the points outlined at all.
Last edited by SmallBowl; Aug 22, 2015 at 01:51 PM.
What im saying is that the negatives outweigh the positives, and that the effort required to implement this is clearly unjustified.

Your argument made very little sense, you said in effect "no it isnt needed, ok it might make the servers a crashier than they already are... but I want it cause it could be sort of nice for a while after it is implemented"

I dont see how it being sort of a convenience occasionally outweighs the points outlined at all

If you can't identify such obvious sarcasm, there is literally no hope for you. I'm sorry.