Ninja Warrior Season 2 Public Votes
Greeting Challengers !

Inscription post :
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=501456

[SPOILER="Videos"]Challengers presentation :

The first stage presentation, The Runners Collapse :

Vote presentation :

The second stage presentation, The Amazon Forest :

The Amazon Forest is now completed. There is the 3rd Challenge : The Sand Village !

Lost in the middle of the desert, our challengers have now to pass the deadly village !

The Sand Village Presentation

We had 5 Anonymous Judges, only 3 did survive (well, 2 and a half...). So, I have results from two judges and the 3 first votes from a third. To you remember, each judges had to make their "Top 5 favorite replays". The first replay of each list gain 5 points, the second of each list gain 4 points, etc.

The Final results for the second stage (I am working on the video) :
(The numbers between the ( ) are the votes + judges points)

1st > Rune : 27 (19+4+4)
2nd > Victor4554 : 19 (11+5+3)
3rd > Toriito : 15
4th > Tsuion : 12 (5+5+2)
5th > Gezik00 : 11 (1+10)
6th > Bloomedia : 9 (6+3) >< 5th : Tedster789 : 9
7th > Chazer : 8 (6+1+1) >< 6th : Pr0ne : 8 (0+3+5)
8th > Fleshmon : 5
9th > Waleedo : 4
10th > Collies : 3 (1+2)
11th > Thecrash12 : 2 >< Jodus : 2 >< Oscarioo : 2

The general score :

1st > Rune : 112 (85+27)
2nd > Toriito : 87 (72+15)
3rd > Prone : 82 (74+8 )
4th > Victor4554 : 56 (37+19)
5th > Fleshmon : 52 (47+5)
6th > Jodus : 35 (33+2) >< Chazer : 35 (27+8 )
7th > Gezik00 : 33 (32+1)
8th > Iacer : 32 (32+0)
9th > Nate : 30 (30+0)
10th > Oscar100 : 28 (28+0)
11th > Bloomedia : 25 (16+9)
12th > Chucktori : 18 (18+0) >< Ale455 : 18 (18+0)
13th > Lolies : 16 (13+3)
14th > Tron11975 : 12 (12+0)
15th > Thecrash12 : 11 (9+2)
16th > Tedster789 : 10 (9+1)
17th > xXAhmetXx : 7 (7+0)
18th > JustMonsto : 5 (5+0)
19th > KillerBotX : 3 (3+0)
20th > ConCon19 : 0 (0+0)

First thread with challengers list :

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=501456

Good luck to everyone !

Credits

Attached Files
+++NWTheSandVillage.tbm (31.9 KB, 132 views)
Last edited by Mocucha; Dec 10, 2015 at 10:07 PM.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

As you can see, chosing a way to rate replays is pretty hard. I have uploaded the video about the first stage votes, I hope more people - not fan boy of one of you - will come and vote to make things more clear. We can't really avoid the "fan boy votes", like voting for a name instead of real parkour skills, but I think if more people vote, the fbv (fan boy votes) will be less visible.

Anyway, I am still open to any ideas to make things better.

Last edited by Mocucha; Apr 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

honestly i was just fine with the judges back then.

most of them were not biased
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
I do think that the best replay will win. Without "fanboy or friend" votes. The Community is big enough in numbers to absorb those votes at the end. A month is a long time, and you will see that Bad replays from known people will not be able to compete in a longrun process.

Good Luck to everyone.
Originally Posted by Chazer View Post
I do think that the best replay will win. Without "fanboy or friend" votes. The Community is big enough in numbers to absorb those votes at the end. A month is a long time, and you will see that Bad replays from known people will not be able to compete in a longrun process.

Good Luck to everyone.

I think the same.

Originally Posted by Chazer View Post

Good Luck to everyone.

That's very true, but the sad thing is that people that actually have the good replays won't progress because they didn't get enough votes from people they know or clan members. I'm gonna be brutally honest here; if AlphanowGD's replay has more votes than Victor's replay, there's something wrong.
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
That's very true, but the sad thing is that people that actually have the good replays won't progress because they didn't get enough votes from people they know or clan members. I'm gonna be brutally honest here; if AlphanowGD's replay has more votes than Victor's replay, there's something wrong.

Well, it is a part of the public vote, and I don't think it is only because of the fan votes. When you watch every places with public votes, not only in Toribash and this event especially, you can see that the experts vote are not always the same as the public vote. I think it is because of the general vision. An amateur don't watch the same things as an expert. I think, for example, in their mind they give more credits to epic actions like a cork, than just the quality of each steps in a run like an expert could do.
I think it is a part of the public vote and bring something new, that is why, even with complications because of that kind of vote, I want to keep the public acting in the rating process.

As I said, I am open to all ideas about improvement, this is a first test, we have to start somewhere. The real Ninja Warrior event (with real humans) is more simple to rate because only the time used to finish a stage is important, not the style. We can't to the same for Toribash or we will collect badly but fast made replays.
Last edited by Mocucha; Apr 20, 2015 at 07:01 PM.

Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
Well, it is a part of the public vote, and I don't think it is only because of the fan votes. When you watch every places with public votes, not only in Toribash and this event especially, you can see that the experts vote are not always the same as the public vote. I think it is because of the general vision. An amateur don't watch the same things as an expert. I think, for example, in their mind they give more credits to epic actions like a cork, than just the quality of each steps in a run like an expert could do.
I think it is a part of the public vote and bring something new, that is why, even with complications because of that kind of vote, I want to keep the public acting in the rating process.

As I said, I am open to all ideas about improvement, this is a first test, we have to start somewhere. The real Ninja Warrior event (with real humans) is more simple to rate because only the time used to finish a stage is important, not the style. We can't to the same for Toribash or we will collect badly but fast made replays.

I too want to keep the public in the voting system. What I mean by all of this is that there is an obvious potential issue for bias. I don't want to see someone with a replay 2 times as good as someone else's not move on because someone chose to vote on their replay because they know them. Maybe in the second stage we could have a system like so: instead of posting the replays on the thread (of the Ninja warrior stage 2) we pm you the replays and then in note pad you can change the bout name 1 to something other than their name to keep the players name that made the replay anonymous. Then in the voting poll just have the replays numbered 1- whatever to eliminated most of the bias. I know that would be a lot of work going through all of the replays in note pad, but it would make it more fair. Hope this makes sense.
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
instead of posting the replays on the thread (of the Ninja warrior stage 2) we pm you the replays and then in note pad you can change the bout name 1 to something other than their name to keep the players name that made the replay anonymous

This system was used on the last big Nabi Replay-making cup and in my opinion it worked greatly.

The problem here won't be solved (completely) by this though, since some players will still ask all of their clan members/etc to vote on number x, but maybe it could help.

It's a bold move for you to try to make this work with a public voting, Mocucha, but as you said it's a nice opportunity to test the system here.

If you find that "fanboying" isn't diluted enough by the total amount of voters, I would suggest you trying a mixed system.
First you send the replays to a panel of judges that scores them (and you keep that score hidden).
Then you release the replays for a public voting.
Finally you reveal the judges' score and average it (with percentages that you can tweak) with the public opinion.

Overall it's very understandable that some of the players are frustrated by this system, but as an outsider here I'm confident that it'll get considerably better through this season or at least for the next season.
Keep up with this event guys as Mocucha will surely keep trying to improve it.

Also brb voting
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Nate that suggestion is quite good.

Chazer, it is true the community is big enough for the votes to end up being equal but right now they're unbalanced. This event needs publicity.