Toribash
Original Post
Local Moderator Applications
Hi everyone!

This where you can apply to moderate a specific board. Go ahead and post your applications right here in the thread. You can apply for any board in General or Toribash forums. No market boards, no clan boards, no elerk.

PLEASE NOTE:
- THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION TO BE AN ADMIN/SMOD/GAMEKEEPER/TORIAGENT/MSQUAD!
- PLAGIARISM OF OTHER PEOPLE'S APPLICATIONS IS PROHIBITED!
- IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN REGARDING AN APPLICANT, PM AN ADMINISTRATOR. ANY POSTS THAT ARE NOT APPLICATIONS WILL BE INFRACTED, AND FLAMERS WILL BE BANNED.
- CLAN DSC IS NOT OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS. DON'T WASTE OUR TIME AND YOURS BY APPLYING.

That said,

--------------------------------------------------

Local Moderator Application

Please answer all questions as truthfully as possible, in your best English. We will ignore any applications that were obviously not well thought-out or taken seriously.

1. How old are you?

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums?

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day?

5. Which board would you like to moderate?

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board?

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?

8. If there is anything else that you think we should know, please put it here.

------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to vouch for an applicant, feel free to PM me with your comments or recommendations regarding them. If I receive PMs that are obviously spam OR multiaccounting, they will be ignored and the applicant may be turned down. This part of the process will end when we decide, but you can count on it being up for at least a week.

Thanks and good luck!
Last edited by KiTFoX; Apr 12, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
1. How old are you?
"I am 16 going on 17
I know that i'm naive
Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet
And willingly I believe"

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums? Actively playing and posting since July 2008 for both.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?

-5 GMT, Easter Standard Time. Mostly the afternoon, and during the more boring times in class.

Hmmmm...hard to tell. Anywhere from 1 to 4 hours, not as much as usual, but enough. I go on in short periods throughout the day, so it's hard for me to tell.

The Computer Chat board.
It's small enough to effectively handle. But my main reason is that I often see replies that really aren't based on facts, or just plain false. Since some will be using such advice on their computers, I think it is important to have a board that can be relied on.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so? I am currently moderating the Incognito clan board as one of the coleaders. I believe I've done so well enough. Of course, since we are a clan, I think it's okay to be a bit looser with the rules, but for Computer Chat, I'll make sure to keep the threads clean of misinformation.

Computer chat is a board I like, cuz it's helped me a few times already. Even if I am not chosen, I would like to bring the fact that there IS misinformation going around there and while it's only annoying for me, for others, it may cause harm to their computers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
1. How old are you?
17, 18 in June.

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums?
I've been playing for around 2 months and active on the forums the same amount of time.

I live in Chicago (GMT -6) and my activity really depends on what I'm doing that day but usually anytime after school I'm browsing about. I don't really sleep much so that should be said as well.

Same as above, it really depends on the day but currently I check back every couple of hours now and then to see what's up and to check my PMs/offers. I could be pretty active if needed.

I'm most active in the Art board but I'm usually interested in what's in Discussion so either board would be fitting. I think I'm more qualified for Art though seeing as I've been on several strictly art related forums before and know how to give constructive criticism and do pretty much anything art related.

I usually find a lot of things wrong with posts and threads and usually report them. I guess it would just be easier on the rest of the people in charge if I could do more about it myself. I plan on playing Toribash for a while.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?
I wouldn't say I'm a stranger to forums or online games. I've co-lead a couple of clans in other games and that worked pretty well for a year or so until people got lives and they broke up. I'd say that I do what I think is right most of the time and I usually have good judgment. I'm one of those love um or hate um people.

I'd say I've been pretty helpful so far around Toribash. I tend to lurk in #support and help whenever I can and just help people in general. I feel like I've reported a lot of misplaced/rule breaking threads and posts that needed sorting out. I'd like to think I've had a positive effect on the community overall, even if I haven't really been here long.

Note: I'm selling this account shortly. If I am considered contacting me on IRC would probably be the best method.
Last edited by Tay; Apr 5, 2010 at 05:29 AM.
1. 16
2. a.) Almost a year. b.) probably about a month or two after i started playing.

3. a.) +10:00 b.) Afternoons, sometimes mornings.

4. 3-4 hours.
5. Toribash.

6. Because it is easier to moderate from what i can see, and i don't have to worry about missing anything that i shouldn't have.
7. Yes.
a.) Clan moderating. b.) Fairly well, i delt with spam and invasions in the necessary way. c.) I did not leave, the clan died and now i'm moderating another.
8. I have a fairly bad reputation, but if I'm given a responsibility, i will take it seriously.
1. How old are you?

Ive been active on the forums for a few months now.
My computer has been acting up, so I wont be active in-game for a while.

GMT-6. All of weekends, evenings on weekdays.

Most of my weekday consists of school, then the computer. The forums are always up when Im on the computer.

Music

I lurk there alot, and notice alot of off topic posting in threads. My life is composed of the internet, and music. I've recently had an idea to try and liven up the music board with more than just "What are you listening to?"

Yes. I moderated a guitar-tabs forum. All I had to do was take care of the obscenity, spam, and uphold basic rules of the forum. That's what I did. I didn't leave, the domain was shut down for reasons I'm not completely aware of.

I would be honored to moderate the music forum.
The school board president for the district I attend, is looking out for increased involvement in the extra-curricular activity, and has funded a PE programs upgrade at a different highschool, because a few of the students started a website about physical activity. Myself given this responsibility could possibly get my schools band program a small grant.
Last edited by jxc1013; Apr 4, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
Thanks.
1. How old are you?
I'm 20 years old.

2. Activety:

a.) How long have you been playing Toribash?

Something like October, November 2007. I lost my first account.

b.) How long have you been active on the forums?
Like January 2009.

3. Timezone and Schedule:

a.) What timezone do you live in?

GMT -3, Brazil.

b.) At what times of day are you generally active?
Usually while I'm on the computer, between 11 am to 2 am (all day long). Of course I go outside sometimes, but i'm generally on the computer, so i'm well active.

The Toribash Forum is aways turned on my web brower, when i'm in the computer, i'm on the forum. I check forum normally every 15 minutes all day long.

Begginer Santuary or Tutorials.

I am interested in moderating them because I love helping people, explaining, being usefull, among other things. I really appreciate when someone was in doubt, and be happy when I explain and they understand. I'm usually inclined to help those who ask.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users?
Yes, I have. I'm actually Leader of BPTU (Brazil-Portugal Toribash Union) and helping on clan No-Mercy (unofficially moderating).

a.) What were your responsibilities?
Well, i'm Leader of BPTU, I deal with common daily moderation on organizations. Maintaining order and keeping everything within the rules. In No-Mercy I'm actually a "helper", something like an unofficial moderator. I act as a moderator, but without moderation powers, because I am currently in the clan DAT.

b.) How well do you think you did your job?
I believe I do my job well. There haven't been complaints lately. I think I'm a good moderator.

Well, to complete, I think I will be very useful, I speak 3 languages fluently, Portuguese, English and Spanish, I am a very comprehensive person and generally am willing to help. If you need references, you can ask about my work as moderator to any member of BPTU or No-Mercy, where I've showed my moderation. Sorry if I messed up on grammar, I'm giving my best.
Last edited by Eddy; Apr 6, 2010 at 12:46 AM.
1. 14.

2. a.) Several months now, since September b.) Just after I registered my ingame account I discovered the fourms and have looked in ever since.

3. GMT -8, 9:00 A.M to mostly around 11:00, 12:00

4. I check everytime I open my browser, which is mostly all the time.

5. Gaming chat

6. I would be so happy to watch over gaming chat because I'm a wholehearted gamer, I always look into gaming chat, but sometimes I see threads that really dont fit and I wish to fix that.

7. None.

8. None.
1. How old are you? I'm 14 years old, turning 15 on June.

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? 1 year and 3 months.
b.) How long have you been active on the forums?1 year and 2 months.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? +1 GMT
b.) At what times of day are you generally active? At 15.00 PM - 17.00 PM

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day? Some day I spent 2 hours, but if I don't have anything to do I can stay 3 - 4 hours on it.

5. Which board would you like to moderate? I would moderate the "Art" board.

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board? I want to moderate it because I seen that some peoples don't follow the rules, for example put the tag on the title of the thread.
I also can help someone that need it.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? Yes, I manage another 2 forums, I'm a global moderator.
a.) What were your responsibilities? I have to manage users and manage the forum, but for me it's an easy thing, and I like it.
b.) How well do you think you did your job? I think I do a good job on those forums, so I thought "Why can't I try on a Toribash board too?"
c.) If you left, why did you do so? Oh, I never left as a moderator.

Well, I think that moderating is a job, and I like it. Probably someone thinks that is the hardest thing ever, but it's not true. It's just warn the peoples that don't follow the rules, and say to them to read it, because is very important.
Last edited by Dave; Apr 4, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
Click here, you'll recieve a cookie
[17:41] <@pusga> i want to cum inside dave
1. How old are you?
14 I turn 15 in august.

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash?

Since 2.0.
from august 2008.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in?

I live on GMT +2.
from monday to friday I have school, so I'm usually active from 3.00 PM to 8.00 PM or maybe to 9.00 PM. On weekends im On from 11.00 AM to 8.00 PM.

around 3 hours.

Tutorials board.

There is only one local moderator there. I'm sure it will ease smods and admins job alot, if there would be another local moderator.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users?
No, not quite
If so, a.) What were your responsibilities,
b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?

Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
1. How old are you?
16; 17 on Friday (April 9th)

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash?
3 Years, Since June 22, 2007 (I may be a few days off)

Roughly 2 1/2 Years, I took like 8 months off from TB around my joining time because I couldn't conform to the forums and I sucked ingame

3. a.) What timezone do you live in?
-5 GMT
(USA, East coast, Virginia)

Weekdays, evening(3-8 PM) Sometimes im on earlier, it varies at times; Weekends(10AM-12M)

Alot; Weekdays(4-6 Hours), Weekends(10AM-12M)

I would like either the Computer Chat board or the Art board.
(Or both )

Well im active in Both boards more than many places on the forums. I would select Computer chat because I am an aspiring computer technician, and ill be recieving 3 certifications by the end of the school year, Ill actually be certified in A+ Essentials by May 1st. So I think ill have those as proof that I can honestly help people with their computer issues quickly and effeciently aswell as carry on interesting conversations about sed computer stuff.

I would choose the Art board because I often critique other peoples Artwork, Videos, Renders, etc. I've seen on a couple accounts where threads have been moved and closed due to people not following the rules and I think I can be of assistance to those other moderators when they are busy or away.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities?
Well being the Co-Leader of '42' I got a moderator position aswell, I pretty much encourage them to follow rules, Keep things up to date, organize small clan challenges for small prizes to encourage activity, I delete/move/sticky threads when necessary, etc...

b.) How well do you think you did your job?
I think I do pretty well, I haven't Gotten any complaints yet so I guess in not doing terrible.

c.) If you left, why did you do so?
Im currently still with 42.

I did get on warning a WHILE ago for telling someone they had nice heads in a shop, but I now know its against forum rules.
1. How old are you? - 14, 15 in 12 days (April 17th).

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? - About 2.25 months
b.) How long have you been active on the forums? - About 1.8 months (From what I can remember)

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? - GMT-6 (Central time, America)
b.) At what times of day are you generally active? - After I am home from school ( About 4-8 ) , unless it is on the weekends, in which I am on most of the time.

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day? - I am in the forums more than In-Game typically. I'd say about 7/8 of my time is spent on the forums.

5. Which board would you like to moderate? - The Art/Textures board (or the Art board if boards in the Market section are invalid for choosing).

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board? - I used to do lots of Photoshopping (Once I have my computer set back up again, I will get back into it), and I am very interested in art. Most of the other forum websites I moderated/administrated at were based around art (Graphic designing and picture editing).

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities? - I have been administrators and head moderators on multiple different boards (About 6 or so I'd say). I moderated the forums and users. [I am also the Co-Leader of Fish, so I am a moderator of that forum.]
b.) How well do you think you did your job? - I am definitely experienced in what I did. I was just about always one of the better moderators.
c.) If you left, why did you do so? - One of the times I left because the owner of the board actually pissed me off enough to quit. The other times the board just didn't survive.

I know how to do my job, and if any at all I'd only need about 2 questions to be answered for me to fully understand what would be necessary to do my job. The other forums I moderated/administrated on were vBulletin in the majority. I am very mature, but being normal on a forum such as this, I do tend to mess around some.
Last edited by Slick_old; Apr 6, 2010 at 01:02 AM.