Toribash
Original Post
old accounts
why can't we take accounts that were made, played on for 1 day, then never touched again?
pacquiao
The Rules on Name Changes are set in Stone here

3 Years is set out as a general rule because there is always a chance people may come back and reclaim the account. However, accounts such as the one you have mentioned, claiming the name and then never playing again, were generally made right around the start of the game (2007-2009) however, and so are well open to being claimed by now.

It may be worth contacting an admin if there is a specific name, however the likely answer will be to wait for the three years, or a compromise of sorts, as the process is the same for all.
Last edited by Bless; Feb 15, 2017 at 12:56 AM.
Originally Posted by Sunther View Post
Because we dont own the account? And they might come back

if you make an account on an indie game you played once almost 10 years ago are you going to remember your username/password/anything? it's less of a hastle to just make a new account anyways

i'm not talking about name changes, i mean taking the account. having a system in place like league of legends does would be a probably good solution

Accounts that go unused for too long are susceptible to Summoner name decay. If an account hasn't played any games for a certain amount of time, their Summoner name will be flagged as available. The Summoner name remains on the account until another player claims it, at which point the Summoner name will be removed. If an inactive account loses its Summoner name this way, there will be a prompt to select a new Summoner name the next time that account logs into the client.

3 Years is set out as a general rule because there is always a chance people may come back and reclaim the account. However, accounts such as the one you have mentioned, claiming the name and then never playing again, were generally made right around the start of the game (2007-2009) however, and so are well open to being claimed by now.

It may be worth contacting an admin if there is a specific name, however the likely answer will be to wait for the three years, or a compromise of sorts, as the process is the same for all.

i know but having to pay 100k for a name someone used for 10 minutes 9 years ago doesn't seem very reasonable
pacquiao