Toribash
Original Post
Torishop update
Hi, we're releasing a beta version of the updated Torishop.

New features:
  • Main screen with the latest shop updates (only for steam users)
  • Easier section navigation
  • Torishop shows if you have enough qi and TC to buy items
  • General design changes


Purchase button for USD-only items is hidden for now, will be displayed with the new game client release.

Download links: torishop.rar (extract to Toribash-4.x\data\script\torishop\ ; torishop.exe (choose the Toribash folder to install).


Torishop uses some new functions from 4.9 so emotes will display incorrectly. Other stuff should work fine on 4.82.



To get the Torishop update in Steam, switch to the "-beta" branch in properties.
well done sir, it looks really nice and it's really easy to navigate, however, for me, it's insanely laggy, it might be because of my flames or something.
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat
Originally Posted by PlataBear View Post
well done sir, it looks really nice and it's really easy to navigate, however, for me, it's insanely laggy, it might be because of my flames or something.

Did you try turning off your flames, did it still lag?
What's the regular fps you have while playing and what's the fps you get in the "menu" part of the Torishop and the items' preview part of it?

YAY


Wickeddd

Yeah, I get an fps drop as well. It's not much, but it's a little bit.
I go from a steady 61-63fps to about 40fps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Hey, I'm having an issue with the new torishop. I went to the torishop from the public zweihander server(not sure if this is important) and the UI showed up, but nothing else. The only text present was "Hello, Notshadow." The elements were still there, however, the graphics for them were not appearing. I randomly clicked and ended up in the main shop, but the majority of the elements were not showing up, only the colors of the items at the bottom. The user texts also did not show up (which was the reason I went to the shop in the first place).

Images

Originally Posted by NotShadow View Post
Hey, I'm having an issue with the new torishop. I went to the torishop from the public zweihander server(not sure if this is important) and the UI showed up, but nothing else. The only text present was "Hello, Notshadow." The elements were still there, however, the graphics for them were not appearing. I randomly clicked and ended up in the main shop, but the majority of the elements were not showing up, only the colors of the items at the bottom. The user texts also did not show up (which was the reason I went to the shop in the first place).

Images


Found it, fixed in the new version.
The issue was with the item.dat file, it had a dynamic part in the "TC 0; ..." line that was breaking the script if it was being launched from MP.


Thrandir: prices are usually static unless some holiday sales are introduced, it's mainly done for new item/feature releases and so on.



Also, any suggestions on what else can be added / changed?
Last edited by sir; Aug 22, 2014 at 02:25 PM.
I'd have to say that any optimizations to performance for players with lower end computers would probably be useful, seeing as how lots of people are complaining about fps drops.

I can't think of anything else that could be changed/added atm. I'm going to edit this post if I think of something though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Also, any suggestions on what else can be added / changed?

Perhaps a way to buy Shiai token items in the torishop, or at least to see them so we can look at how they would look on our toris? Unless there is one and I am just missing it.

---------------------------------

Also, perhaps put the sounds in the textures section, and rename "textures" to "textures & sounds"
Last edited by NotShadow; Aug 22, 2014 at 11:02 PM.