Toribash
Original Post
Voice chat
I mean like wouldnt it be cool to use a mic ingame?
Like in other games you hold a button and while you hold it you can speak into your microphone and talk to the other players.
It would make the game alot funnier and for the ones spamming or better said screaming off your ears with their microphones there could be a massvote mute means the player would get muted for the room for like lets say a hour?
Dont know if it has been suggested yet so i think this would be very interesting.
If you have suggestions how to make this better or why this isnt good share them here.
If someone reports someone for what they say over the chat (for whatever reason), we can not do anything about it since most countries and in America, most states, have a law about tapping any type of chat or phone line. The only way around this is by legal means and stuff I'm sure no one wants to get involved in. Also, I'm pretty sure the Terms and agreements of TB would need to be rewritten and sent out again. In other words nor you or us are allowed to get proof of something said in chat. which means that if someone wanted to set up a rig all they need to do is do it in chat because we would be powerless to find any evidence to incriminate them by using the voice chat.

Disclaimer:I am not a lawyer I have no absolute knowledge of anything involving laws for other countries and states other than New Jersey. Don't quote me on anything involving laws.
Last edited by Fates; Aug 29, 2015 at 03:35 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Just to make all these ''features'' more easy. Just add the voice chat option, press ''X'' button so you can talk ingame and if someone becomes too annoying just add a button for blocking that person. Simple as it is, no need of dedicated age servers for this.
Originally Posted by Fates View Post
How about just using skype for free. Because if it where added its constant maintenance would make it something probably like teamspeak where may have to pay a bit for the use of it. Because not only is it a hell of a thing to ask to program but it will increse the work load for people who work for support staff now they have to monitor ANOTHER type of chat. What If you need to report someone for something that they said in the chat. Its hard because I'm pretty sure that in America recording of someone's voice without consent is illegal and can bring on lawsuits. so having a constant recorder of the chat as well as a recording button of any kind is out of the question but I'm not a lawyer so don't quote me on that. I believe there are legal steps you can take to avoid this but really who would want to go through that when you can just have people use skype for free.

Without even opening this thread and looking at the title I knew EXACTLY what someone was going to say. I figured a few dumb kids would come in, and scream "YUUUSE SKYYYPE."

please. STOP. SAYING. THIS. modern games are supposed to have voice chat. Third party support for ANYTHING is just dumb. I never in a million years would imagine a GM would say something so retarded.

with this argument you can say its okay to just use hamachi if you want to make a new server. You can say its okay for your phone to not be able to have music capabilities and make you carry an iPod or something.

for fucks sake.
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
Without even opening this thread and looking at the title I knew EXACTLY what someone was going to say. I figured a few dumb kids would come in, and scream "YUUUSE SKYYYPE."

please. STOP. SAYING. THIS. modern games are supposed to have voice chat. Third party support for ANYTHING is just dumb. I never in a million years would imagine a GM would say something so retarded.

with this argument you can say its okay to just use hamachi if you want to make a new server. You can say its okay for your phone to not be able to have music capabilities and make you carry an iPod or something.

for fucks sake.

as I just said that isn't the only issue I, if you actually took the time to read said that:
If someone reports someone for what they say over the chat (for whatever reason), we can not do anything about it since most countries and in America, most states, have a law about tapping any type of chat or phone line. The only way around this is by legal means and stuff I'm sure no one wants to get involved in. Also, I'm pretty sure the Terms and agreements of TB would need to be rewritten and sent out again. In other words nor you or us are allowed to get proof of something said in chat. which means that if someone wanted to set up a rig all they need to do is do it in chat because we would be powerless to find any evidence to incriminate them by using the voice chat.

Disclaimer:I am not a lawyer I have no absolute knowledge of anything involving laws for other countries and states other than New Jersey. Don't quote me on anything involving laws.

you can have voice chat all you want but who is going to moderate it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
as I just said that isn't the only issue I, if you actually took the time to read said that:

I guess id tell you to stop talking about things you dont understand but you wouldnt understand that either

You dont need consent to record someone who is speaking publicly.
It may not be that way for where you reside but in NJ and a few other states in the US it is. but forget about all that because I'm not rejecting the idea, as you think I am. I'm asking if anyone should find a way to maintain and control the use of a chat like that such as a chat support team or something then by all means go ahead and have a chat. but I'm saying that as soon as the chat would be implemented you would get people saying "he said xxxxxx in the voice chat Ban him plz <333" and all we can do is just look at you and shake our heads cause there is nothing we can do.
Last edited by Fates; Aug 29, 2015 at 07:02 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
You can say its okay for your phone to not be able to have music capabilities and make you carry an iPod or something.

i just wanted to say how fucking first world problems this post is. like seriously this sounds like a joke. in fact i will give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you are joking.

edit: i might have misinterpreted the above, so just make another unnecessarily angry post and i'll delete it.

on topic don't support voice chat.

also i wanted to say another thing, people saying if there's voice chat then it'll just be a bunch of kids screaming, which isn't true in the slightest, if i can go into a server on waaay more populated games such as counter strike and tf2 or cod or whatever and there isn't screaming, then there sure as hell won't be clusterfucks of noise in servers averaging around 4 to 6 players, not counting special events or tournaments
Last edited by Nearly; Aug 29, 2015 at 07:06 PM.
wow that
sucked

completely off topic from main discussion

forgot to say supported

This is why a record button is a must. So that people get punished for saying something offensive. Then the person who recorded the sound just pulls it out of a recordings folder in their toribash folder. Attach it to a report on the forum and bada bing bada boom, the rule breaker is banned for however long a normal chat ban would last.

In large servers the ops can mute the people being immature by doing something like /vmassmute RandomUser. That will mute their voice chat but not their typing chat. To unmute the player do /vmassunmute RandomUser.

In public servers, if someone is being annoying you can type /vmute RandomUser. This will mute them only for you. The other players in the server will hear them until they type the command as well. When the person agrees to stop making noises simply type /vunmute RandomUser.

Eazy peezy.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
how much effort would implimenting a record button for the voice chat take, since i have 0 programming skills
how much would the voice chat itself take in the first place idk

not sarcastic genuine questions btw
wow that
sucked