Toribash
Original Post
Move memory it is a game style?
I've been noticing that the new players have become "addicted" to using move memory and i think this is delaying theyr evolution in the game, they know how to press a presset moviment and after 2 or 3 frames they just don't know anymore how to proceed with the rest of the match, this terrible because most of these players will take a long time till evolve into something like sparring, parkour, or even competitive matchs. I think there is a possibility in a near future the replaymaking does't even exist.
google translator
This is exactly why sparring, replay making, tricking...require like no skill lmao. It's you vs. nothing. Competitive mods have players fighting, and move memory won't do well there lmao.
<a href=https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6 target=_blank>https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6</a>
Dargon Moderated Message:
Infracted for having the best goddamn replays in Toribash history.

Originally Posted by Enclave View Post

go land a 5dm boomhit first try and then tell me replay making requires no skill

movememory is a poor habit to get into, but it can be irritating having to do the same opener over and over by clicking for newer players, so its necessary for learning in some instances. i started with movememory
Last edited by tabby; Mar 8, 2020 at 09:31 PM.
^^
Also Replay making isn't just about the opener LMAO. if you truly think that then go make a replay and post it in the replay board and ask them to nit pick it. So much more goes into replay making and sparing.

Back on topic though from the smooth brain who decided to post..

Move memory has upsides and downsides, consistency being one of the ups, but lack of creativity being a downside. Depends on the player imo.

I never used it but would if it was simpler since misclicks would be a thing of the past. Obviously the 1st 2 turns are most important in the "eSports" mods (ABD, TK, etc.) so misclicking here would be quite problematic. But at the same time, if the openers you have saved are easily counter-able and you've been using them the entire time then you could possibly play right into someones metaphorical hands. It doesn't seem mega serious to me, but yet I think toribash in a hole for me has never been too competitive.
Ex-Tori-Agent | Ex-Event Squad | Best Planet

splish splash aeon is trash | [a]dventure
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is exactly why sparring, replay making, tricking...require like no skill lmao. It's you vs. nothing. Competitive mods have players fighting, and move memory won't do well there lmao.

there is a huge difference between people who spar/trick/ukebash vs people who are good at it. i'd even argue that competitive mods take far less skill than doing those well

i started using move memory because i'm way too lazy to memorize tons of openers that i'd like to use in boxshu. i don't think move memory is hurting anything, eventually new players will realize that it isn't the answer to everything
ナゲット
i think nobody figured Enclave was joking because this is genuinely the type of shit he's normally say
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
It's an insane crutch to newer users that is very appreciated by them (and yourself more than likely if this was as thing when you were new.) How many times did you just fall over trying to learn the game and play? Hundreds? Thousands? Useful tool that anyone can use if you choose. I know I would be grateful if this was a thing back then. I agree that it would take longer for new people to learn; always relying on the tool to help them. But to say this will "kill" replay making seems like a stretch. Replay making has always been the coolest and most creative thing in Toribash and something that goes hand in hand with it is video making. If there is enough of a demand and drive to do it, people will do it, even if it's just for e-peen.

I honestly believe the problem is of a different aspect. The "I didn't have this when I was new, so why should they?" type of attitude that most older players hold. It's understandable, but everyone should just be happy for the newer players. If people are worried about replay making becoming a thing of the past, revitalize it, have veterans teach. The community is self driven in these sorts of things, it's all in your control.

Another opinion I have is that some people just play multiplayer, and that's fine. A lot of people just don't branch out into the aspect of replay making or sparring and they'd rather focus on getting items for customization. People want results: If a tool is going to do that for mods like boxshu, where if you get a good strike and multi DM the second turn, you'll win. More wins means more TC and being consistent in winning is where they rely on the tool. I think that's completely fine. If people do get interested in sparring or making replays, I already think that's the first step in knowing that they'll need to not use move memory. People need that interest in sparring/replay making in the first place in order for them to not rely on move memory, other than them not wanting to use it because of their personal drive.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Yeah I agree with ed. That post was a real eye opener.
<a href=https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6 target=_blank>https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6</a>
Dargon Moderated Message:
Infracted for having the best goddamn replays in Toribash history.

i don't even know how replay making would have any effect from movememory, if people mm the same openers in every replay nobody will want to watch them lmao. the people keeping that shit alive do not recycle openers

also yes movememory makes dogshit players in competitive. if u movememory an opener enough times you will get countered every time. if players don't know how to counter someone doing the same openers every time they deserve to lose because they don't know how to play. movememory in competitive = free wins lol. movememory makes bad players because there is no opener (in mods that aren't "legacy," tk and judo are not competitive) that is strong enough to win every time

also enclave ur dogshit at everything in this game, idk why u think you have any merit to determine what is and isn't hard in the game
Last edited by unbandemon; Mar 9, 2020 at 07:26 PM.

as soon as you said tricking, replaymaking, and sparring takes no skill you are straight up talking out of your ass.

try and replicate a swexx replay from the very first frame and see how that works out. lmfao!