ToriCombat League
Original Post
Toribash Next announcement.
I've started to build a new Toribash version, code name Toribash Next.

While the current engine is super awesome it was written 12 years ago.

Things I want to add to the new engine:
- 2vs2, 3vs1 and brawl games
- Built with animations and models from the start
- Ingame multiplayer modding (mod rooms together)
- Ingame inventory and trading
- Run your own servers

Some technical details for those interested:
- Engine (Unity3D)
- Plattforms (Windows, OSX)
- Backend (Steam and standalone)

Economy:
- Part of the economy will be decentralised (we will have our own BitCoin type currency). This will allow players to trade outside the forum.
- The giveaway Toribash Next Token will eventually transferable to this new section of our economy.

Questions & Answers:

QA

If you have more questions, I'll keep this top post updated.
Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
I personally think the old game looks miles better in terms of physics and movement. I might give it a try for a laugh but I'll definitely be sticking with the version I'm already good at and get too keep all the items I'll have unlocked and purchased!
Last edited by Codafarian; Jan 7, 2019 at 09:05 AM.
Originally Posted by Codafarian View Post
I personally think the old game looks miles better in terms of physics and movement. I might give it a try for a laugh but I'll definitely be sticking with the version I'm already good at and get too keep all the items I'll have unlocked and purchased!

Yes sir!!!!!!!!!
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.

I mean i agree with what you're saying, but it's still in alpha/beta it will probably get better considering that it's a new engine.

But yeah, for what we've seen physics and movement look very jumpy and glitchy. We'll see what the future will bring us!
Care to join (Budo)? Check its thread , and join us on Discord!!
Yeah I see what you're saying and I should keep that in mind, there isn't a release date yet so there is plenty of time for improvements!

I just worry as soon as I've finally bought full 512x512 textures and items for the old tb I'll have to do it all over again in tb next.
Yeah I see what you're saying and I should keep that in mind, there isn't a release date yet so there is plenty of time for improvements!

I just worry as soon as I've finally bought full 512x512 textures and items for the old tb I'll have to do it all over again in tb next.

pretty sure matarika said that hampa will keep some of the more popular / important items, i'm pretty sure only useless 3d objects or flames won't work so i wouldn't be worried
pm me your questions or applications

send me pics of japanese girls
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
pretty sure matarika said that hampa will keep some of the more popular / important items, i'm pretty sure only useless 3d objects or flames won't work so i wouldn't be worried

That is good to hear, I don't use anything like that anyway so that gives me peace of mind!
Originally Posted by SilentEMPR View Post
I wonder if we can or cant keep the things we have going to TBNext

The original post explains that they will try and port most of the important items, also check out matarikas video in previous posts.
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.