Toribash
Original Post
1) Don't stay so close/use so much grab.

2) Just because you're not using a joint directly doesn't mean that it doesn't help. When in doubt, relax all and go from there.
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
The replay was good in general, but try to get more than one dm each time. Go for a boom or maybe 4 or 5 dms! Good replay overall though.
Ryan is Straight {TGS} {Videoer} {Artist} Rip Dog
Yeah I know xD. Just practice and try as hard as you can!
Headkick: Very nice! Just make sure you use hold and relax a lot, try not to keep everything contracted or extended (especially your knees.). Other than that, it took you quite a while to get into your pose, try to keep the messing around to a minimum, it will look better . Overall, 8/10

Killem: Very good destruction. It might be cool if you would have gotten a dm on uke with the hand that you ripped off. Or, since you put the hand on his elbow, try to dm that elbow, like a marking system, other than that, again, make sure you hold and relax. Over all 8.5/10

Good job, keep practicing!
so close: I agree with DatSkip - You rely too much on grab here. You also focus on too few joints at a time. Just like in skiing, in toribash, you'll usually want to keep your knees a bit bent if there isn't a reason to keep them extended, and just like in actual martial arts, you'll want to make use of your whole body to generate power for your attacks. This guide to using joints that I wrote on Reddit, as well as the other guide linked at the end of it, should be helpful, although it's most important to keep experimenting, developing your style and taking advice. Beyond this general advice, I can't say much about this replay except that it's really stiff and slow.

headkick
: Markedly smoother than so close, but still somewhat stiff. Spinning is a great way to generate power in minecraft, and pretty much the only way to generate a lot of horizontal power. Then again, pushing against the ground can be enough for pretty much any dismemberment if you aim it right. the opener you use is very common and pretty stiff, but a good "testbed" for spinning. Passing limbs through each other, like your calves do in this replay, is known as ghosting and generally frowned upon, as is unintentionally touching Uke before intentional strikes (usually thought to be the ones that dismember joints). The latter is often described as "messy".

Wat: Grabs do weird things in toribash, when the shape of the hand changes and whatever you're grabbing is simply glued onto it. This introduces a force that can sometimes break joints. Dismembering by the simple merit of striking with a grabbed hand is known as nubclapping and frowned upon. Self-DMs, unless they're a part of the replay (such as demolishing uke after intentionally splitting your Tori in half, or skeeting, of course) are also a flaw. Your opener looks stiff because you leave your chest and other joints at the extreme of their range of motion. For a smoother, as well as faster and more powerful spin, try and start with joints contracted or extended to some degree opposite to the direction you'll want the spin to happen, and move them to the direction that generates spin while you spin.

Technical skeet: You'll want to use custom gamerules for singleplayer replays. I see you've changed the gravity (or used sambo.tbm), but distance is a key setting for stylish replays. At least 150 gives you more space to prepare an opener. less than 200 is suitable for punches, while more tends to be ideal for long inertia-gathering spins as well as more straightforward kicks. 1000 is a pretty standard distance to start if you plan on running to Uke.

Spins: You're still focusing on few joints at a time. There's a prime example of nubclap at 135. I edited the replay after the first kick because you missed a very opportune time to kick. It's by no means perfect the way I do it, and I tend to relax too few joints myself, but I hope you can take something home from this edit in terms of aiming at a slightly tricky angle.

headkick v2: the smoothest-looking movement until now, although you freeze visibly for a few frames in the air. The way you rotate your chest all the way to the opposite side right after the kick is a common kink in the way with learning replaymakers. Most of the time when setting up for a pose after the actual violent portion of a replay, you'll want to start relaxing more joints than holding or applying force to. This makes movement slower, smoother and more natural. Often, relaxing all your joints once you want to start posing is useful to see what kinds of forces left over from the last strike affect your Tori. Usually you don't want to actually go completely limp, but pressing C and studying the ghost tends to be beneficial.

killem: You may notice that until you grab onto uke, even though you hit him, you just push yourself back instead of imparting much force at all on Uke. You need either a good amount of speed or some speed and a well grounded stance to pull off good-looking dismemberments. It's a good idea to allocate a limb for keeping in touch with the ground and attack with one or two of the rest at a time.

This has been more general pointers and advice than CnC on the replays individually, and most of the things I say apply to all the replays and replay-making generally, not just the replays after which I say it. Keep at it, I can already see some progress over the course of these replays.
Attached Files
Skiffify edit.rpl (68.7 KB, 8 views)
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!