Ranking
Original Post
New Want to Join Post
So you want to join the Torigod clan, huh?

Okay, so let me start off with this. Torigod is an elite, invite-only clan. We don't accept just anyone. If you are unregistered, don't bother. What's more, anyone who sends me a private message saying, "Hey, can I join Torigods" will definately not be accepted, 'cause obviously you haven't spent a moment looking into our clan.

Now, the purpose of this post is to simply give us a notice that you are interested in joining. This is not a promise that you will be recruited, nor is it remotely close to an invitation. This is simply letting us know who we should look at a bit more. If you want to be taken seriously, it is suggested that you fill out the below application with more than just a four or five word sentence.

WARNING: ALL POSTS BELOW THIS THAT ARE NOT APPLICATIONS WILL BE REMOVED!

Application Form
In-Game Name:
Reference(s)**** :
How long have you been playing Toribash:
Why you want to join Torigods:
Why we should pick you instead of someone else:

****As in who would vouch for you to say you're awesome enough, not what torigods or belt level you've beaten.
Last edited by Hamr; Jun 22, 2008 at 08:06 PM.
Re: New Want to Join Post
In-Game Name: isha
Reference(s): PlayerID666, I have known him for a while so hopefully he will.
How long have you been playing Toribash: Before they charged for it, about v.1.4 or so.
Why you want to join Torigods: Because they are by far the best clan in terms of skill and I like the respect you people get.
Why we should pick you instead of someone else: Because I play everyday almost, except when I am super busy, and because I have decent skill and am willing to learn and get better.

Thanks for reading this.
I r Batdude.
In-Game Name: Marine
Reference(s): Dark_Assassin, kRokz, kwah, Andrecova and evil members.
How long have you been playing Toribash: Half a year
Why you want to join Torigods: I want a nice clan.
Why we should pick you instead of someone else: I am good at all the game modes exept the ones where you have to be registered.

Edit by Juntalis
Due to the fact that Marine is unregistered, he will not be recruited. I will let this remain, however, on the chance that he ever becomes registered.

Originally Posted by Juntalis

In-Game Name: Gamling
Reference(s):
How long have you been playing Toribash: I have been playing Toribash for only a few months, yet have already become an adept player.
Why you want to join Torigods: They are a phenomenal clan, only allowing proficient players to join.
Why we should pick you instead of someone else: I play as often as I can, i have become skiled in a short pierod of time and am rapidly improving.

Thanks for your time.
If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving isn’t for you. --- Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't. --- Some people are like slinkys... They aren't good for anything, but they're still fun to watch fall down the stairs --- Bomb Squad: If you see us running, try to keep up
I think that if you inserted any kind of sentence break in that whole thing, it might actually make a good song.

That being said, Torigod's numbers HAVE swelled recently, I've been reading everything that has ever been said on your entire forum (I like to keep track of things >.>) and I don't think you have too many yet. "Too many" really depends on if you need to watch over them the hole time. A clan full of fully-functional, trusted members can be 100 people in size and not have any problems. Keep close, and you won't fall apart.

That also being said, grats on your newest members, they're both quite good.
The two members I picked to enter the clan were by no means on impulse. Dodgy was picked on basis of league fighting, and aptitude in combat. Although I do not particularly enjoy the clan league games, I have a responsibility as recruiter to make sure we maintain a presence in that event. Logic was picked after observing his performance over an extended period, and his performance in the testing.

As the userbase of Toribash grows, so must the size and accommodation of the clans. This means balancing size with individual talent, and not spreading thin. So far, I know the Torigods are still on top across the board. We are stronger now than we have ever been, sustained by the styles and talents of a good sized handful of fighters. So long as the Torigod Clan maintains our current standard of excellence, we will prevail as the dominant force in Toribash combat.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am very sorry to post here but all of you forgot this:
Originally Posted by Juntalis

ok...remove them. we are still talking
Originally Posted by Hamster
As the userbase of Toribash grows, so must the size and accommodation of the clans. This means balancing size with individual talent, and not spreading thin. So far, I know the Torigods are still on top across the board. We are stronger now than we have ever been, sustained by the styles and talents of a good sized handful of fighters. So long as the Torigod Clan maintains our current standard of excellence, we will prevail as the dominant force in Toribash combat.

and hamster, based on that logic I believe we should set up a system by which we can request and provide teaching to other [Torigod]'s. I for example, would like to learn how to wushu better. I also remember when you gave me some tips for joust. Unsurprisingly, we have members who are extraordinarily good at some modes, very good at others, and quite poor at a few. Should we take time to teach each other, the torigods will become utterly invincible everywhere: literal gods.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.

In-Game Name:Project
Reference:Esse
How long have you been playing Toribash: 10 months
Why you want to join Torigods: I have seen you fight, and there is no one better. I would like to be allowed to have the chance of becoming as adept and as skilled as the rest of you.
Why we should pick you instead of someone else: I may not be as skilled as others, but i learn very quickly(ask psiphi).
Evil's Old School cracked out Paladin.