Toribash
Original Post
2v2 | 4 player toribash | more than two players
PLay with more people, battle of teams...

Originally Posted by Pikadex
Just a quick idea that one of my friends made: simultaneous battles.
It would involve multiple small squares/circles/dojos as "mats", spread apart, where in each one, two players would go up against one another. If you are to land outside of the area you were placed in (including another mat) you would be eliminated. It could also function as a ladder; the victorious players would move on to the "next round", where it would continue up until there are two left, where they could fight to the death.

Another idea that I made, derived by the extra people battling at once, is team battles. Team battles, as you'd expect, involves 4+ players, equal amounts on each team, pitting against one another. Once all players on a single team are eliminated, or the time runs out, the team with the remaining players (or more points) would be victorious.

One final idea I have is "multi-battles". It involves 3 - 4 players, all against one another. This one could lead up to great chaos, and, other than the extra players, it would function as a normal battle. It could also be used together with the idea of simultaneous battles and/or team battles.

Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Been suggested many times, and was actually possible for a while, it however proved really buggy and slow.

Maybe eventually we'll see it but most not some time soon.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
^ That...

...or as hampa said on the live steam - it wasn't fun.

Last edited by Lazors; May 6, 2014 at 07:13 AM.
This would bring people back, we should do this. 96% of these people think we should. So why not add this shit. It's not like it would be hard to add. Just make IT SEPERATE from 1v1 gameplay
My Buying And Selling Thread Is Located Here
ok,i'm gonna say something that probably not one of the guys that
keep suggesting this have thought:

you start your 2 vs 2 match,one guy gets disqualified,who wins?
He probably just get's the good old 'Relax All' and gets to wait for the rest of the fighters to finish the game.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
He probably just get's the good old 'Relax All' and gets to wait for the rest of the fighters to finish the game.

and like what,his tori is going to lay there in the ground?
will i be able to use his body as a weapon if i grab it?
or he just disappears from the match?

you would need to make a code that would allow disqualification
without stopping the match and without placing a winner,
can something as this being implemented in toribash programming?
and like what,his tori is going to lay there in the ground? Yes!
will i be able to use his body as a weapon if i grab it? Why not?
or he just disappears from the match? I actually think it's be much more fun with a limp body that could be used as a strategic point from dq'ing.

can something as this being implemented in toribash programming? Don't see why it can't, really.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

how will they do it?
or he just disappears from the match? I actually think it's be much more fun with a limp body that could be used as a strategic point from dq'ing.

can something as this being implemented in toribash programming? Don't see why it can't, really.

how will they do it?

im not looking for the why,i am asking for the how,
and i don't see how they can,really.
This goes beyond the
"they did it in 3.72 with no lag,why we can't do it now",
what you are asking are whole new game mechanics,
i just don't see it happening.
Originally Posted by ClubPengu View Post
This would bring people back, we should do this. 96% of these people think we should. So why not add this shit. It's not like it would be hard to add. Just make IT SEPERATE from 1v1 gameplay

Why you just don't read the reason this isn't a thing and won't be? The game engine isn't supporting more than 2 toris same time and would be a pain in the ass to change the whole engine of the game just for a small gameplay change like this.
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
Why you just don't read the reason this isn't a thing and won't be? The game engine isn't supporting more than 2 toris same time and would be a pain in the ass to change the whole engine of the game just for a small gameplay change like this.

Considering how wonky toribash's physics are, it's not very honest to say that a new engine would be for the one purpose of allowing more toris on screen.
These are some of the issues that might be fixed with a new engine. And this is without considering the opportunities of a new engine.
*bodyparts going through objects or stretching in high speeds, sometimes causing invalid DQ and getting bodyparts stuck in objects
*Make tori and uke equally balanced, which they currently aren't
*Fix the bruise glitch that causes illegitimate (bugged) replays
*Fix the 2000 turnframe issue

I feel like talking about how difficult this would be to program is unnecessary. It's obviously a big thing that a lot of people want, it's more useful to give the idea more depth than to shoot it down everytime it's built upon because of the lack of resources. I don't defend people who bump this thread without anything interesting to say either, but I've found that yelling at people doesn't help very much.

how will they do it?

Don't act like it's his responsibility to write a functional code for how this would work if he's not a programmer. Nothing wrong with discussing how this would work practically without programming knowledge as long as the ideas are realistic.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
and like what,his tori is going to lay there in the ground?
will i be able to use his body as a weapon if i grab it?
or he just disappears from the match?

can something as this being implemented in toribash programming?

my answer was to his yes!why not? and don't see why it can't really

im not acting anything,im just trying to make an example
through question,how will something like that would be implemented,
since its something much more than just making a 2 vs 2 mode,
it would require making the game understand that a player got
disqualified but the match is not over,how?
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
my answer was to his yes!why not? and don't see why it can't really

im not acting anything,im just trying to make an example
through question,how will something like that would be implemented,
since its something much more than just making a 2 vs 2 mode,
it would require making the game understand that a player got
disqualified but the match is not over,how?

You're still asking him to make an example which requires technical knowledge when he just suggested how it would work practically.
I don't know why you think this would be a problem. It's possible that it's not doable with the current engine, but since this idea would require an updated engine anyway this isn't really an issue.
Also, there are many games that do this. Take CoD/BF for example, which leaves an interacting corpse on the ground after a player death. Smash bros doesn't have a problem with someone losing all their lives, the match goes on until the last man stands.

I feel like your question is touching on technical details which are pretty unnecessary for the idea in whole. Unless I'm not understanding you correctly.
At this stage it's more interesting how it would work in practice with game modes and such.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore