Toribash
Original Post
2v2 | 4 player toribash | more than two players
PLay with more people, battle of teams...

Originally Posted by Pikadex
Just a quick idea that one of my friends made: simultaneous battles.
It would involve multiple small squares/circles/dojos as "mats", spread apart, where in each one, two players would go up against one another. If you are to land outside of the area you were placed in (including another mat) you would be eliminated. It could also function as a ladder; the victorious players would move on to the "next round", where it would continue up until there are two left, where they could fight to the death.

Another idea that I made, derived by the extra people battling at once, is team battles. Team battles, as you'd expect, involves 4+ players, equal amounts on each team, pitting against one another. Once all players on a single team are eliminated, or the time runs out, the team with the remaining players (or more points) would be victorious.

One final idea I have is "multi-battles". It involves 3 - 4 players, all against one another. This one could lead up to great chaos, and, other than the extra players, it would function as a normal battle. It could also be used together with the idea of simultaneous battles and/or team battles.

Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Been suggested many times, and was actually possible for a while, it however proved really buggy and slow.

Maybe eventually we'll see it but most not some time soon.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
^ That...

...or as hampa said on the live steam - it wasn't fun.

Last edited by Lazors; May 6, 2014 at 07:13 AM.
alot of peoble has asked it but it may ruin the game and change it forever but i actully do wanna see it and also lesduncan said next update was fight stances
Originally Posted by jkawig View Post
alot of peoble has asked it but it may ruin the game and change it forever but i actully do wanna see it and also lesduncan said next update was fight stances

Well, this wouldn't be implemented into every mod. Just bigger ones, like Ninjutsu or others soon to come. Not Aikido. That'd be a nightmare....think of it....constant draws.....

Anyways! It won't change the game if they make more mods for these ideas.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by Rial View Post
"The fact that toribash's engine was not created to have more than 2 toris"

Let me stop you there for a second. So what you're stating here is that the engine was not created to have more than two Tori's. OK I get that. But how do you know it is not capable of doing it? also this: "makes the game extremely unstable during 2v2 matches or whatsoever." I don't get it. How do you know?

"It's not about you having a super computer or not, it's the fact that the game crashes so easily with that option that it's not even reliable."

Why did it work perfectly fine on older versions than? Even if it is a problem very suggested and should be taken widely into consideration of making a new engine.
i just made a four person relay in toribash -3.72, toribash can handle more then two players. i rushed a bit so i may not look that good but thats not the point. as hard as it was to make this toribash 4.92 is more stable then -3.72 this can work!

please for the love a god make this at least an option in freeplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li20DUK-Yt8

i bet if i played around long enough with replays i could make one with toribsh 4.92 aswell
Last edited by shadow077; Apr 25, 2015 at 06:45 PM.
Idk
4 player it would be how uke are standing but opisite angles imagine mushu tekkyon random thigns idk mods it would be awesome c;
<3
Someone need to do this in the new versions...
Hampa removed it because lag, that's what I heard.
Running away...
This is an incredibly well-thought Idea that could really change Toribash to
an even better game.
Devolopement, coding and engine upgrading must be made before this is possible
whatsoever.

This could add a lot of pressure to the game.
It also enables us to make 1v1v1v1 duels, 1v1v1v1 sparring replay-making and
a lot of more. (Alternative; 2v2)

I really think this should be implemented to the game.
~Supported
Bigger Matches
A different game mode where you can have more than 2 people fighting
inb4 massive server lag
the load will be too much on the physics engine.

it just will be a major hassle for the devs.
so,no.