Toribash
Original Post
2v2 | 4 player toribash | more than two players
PLay with more people, battle of teams...

Originally Posted by Pikadex
Just a quick idea that one of my friends made: simultaneous battles.
It would involve multiple small squares/circles/dojos as "mats", spread apart, where in each one, two players would go up against one another. If you are to land outside of the area you were placed in (including another mat) you would be eliminated. It could also function as a ladder; the victorious players would move on to the "next round", where it would continue up until there are two left, where they could fight to the death.

Another idea that I made, derived by the extra people battling at once, is team battles. Team battles, as you'd expect, involves 4+ players, equal amounts on each team, pitting against one another. Once all players on a single team are eliminated, or the time runs out, the team with the remaining players (or more points) would be victorious.

One final idea I have is "multi-battles". It involves 3 - 4 players, all against one another. This one could lead up to great chaos, and, other than the extra players, it would function as a normal battle. It could also be used together with the idea of simultaneous battles and/or team battles.

Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Been suggested many times, and was actually possible for a while, it however proved really buggy and slow.

Maybe eventually we'll see it but most not some time soon.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
^ That...

...or as hampa said on the live steam - it wasn't fun.

Last edited by Lazors; May 6, 2014 at 07:13 AM.
well i want it and really guys if your pc cant handle it DONT PLAY IT THEN its not like every server would be a 4 person, and if its that big of a deal to you... nobody said you have to have items and textures and raytracing and shaders on... all of those dramatically would help your game out if disabled.
i support this idea and i really want it
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
Maybe they could make a new game with 4 players in one match and only ask people with good computers to play it/
Maybe they should set Toribash to run in only 4k so poor people can't play anymore. That way only the tech elite can experience all of the terrible ideas in suggestion.
I think I might be retired.
Grohenbird I really hope you are joking because that was one of the dumbest posts in the tread, and also I don't think an entirely new game should be made... Maybe just make a 2nd multiplayer for four play matches.
-----
Thread*
Last edited by KDigityDog; Dec 1, 2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
I think its totally possible to make it an optional thing for an ingame room

so if your computer sucks and can't deal with it, just go to another room with that option disabled

like my computer, i can't play the game with shaders/ray tracing but its a nice feature for the game and don't need to be removed just because i can't run it
Originally Posted by KDigityDog View Post
Grohenbird I really hope you are joking because that was one of the dumbest posts in the tread, and also I don't think an entirely new game should be made... Maybe just make a 2nd multiplayer for four play matches.
-----
Thread*

The fact that this is a real question baffles me.
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
Let me stop you there for a second. So what you're stating here is that the engine was not created to have more than two Tori's. OK I get that. But how do you know it is not capable of doing it? also this: "makes the game extremely unstable during 2v2 matches or whatsoever." I don't get it. How do you know?

"It's not about you having a super computer or not, it's the fact that the game crashes so easily with that option that it's not even reliable."

Why did it work perfectly fine on older versions than? Even if it is a problem very suggested and should be taken widely into consideration of making a new engine.

creating a New Engine Would most likely take years!!

also they can just manipulate the code used for matches and toris and manipulate that code, its pretty simple but also pretty hard since they're using c++ I think

Also Im pretty sure the engine doesnt even determine how many players are in a match the game engine just has code for collisions graphics etc

Also Gui I think
Last edited by yoshiman60; Dec 2, 2015 at 10:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

Channel - ok
plz read and think about
I think that there should be a multiplayer mode with more than two people on the battlefield for more fun

Lazors Moderated Message:
Merged with a similar thread.
Last edited by Lazors; Jan 15, 2016 at 08:07 PM. Reason: to have more fun and to change a bit
Mod suggestion
2v2 And 1 platform 2 people at top (fighting) and 2 at the bottom and the players at the top can drop down to the other players
3-4 PLAYER MATCHES
I think we need to have something like a grudgematch or basicaly anything that has more than 2 people playing. So like have 3 or 4 people all fighting at once in the same match. I think this would be good to try out on some servers or something. This would make toribash great.

Lazors Moderated Message:
Merged with a similar thread.
Last edited by Lazors; May 22, 2016 at 08:26 AM.
Gavin Douglas[email protected]