Ranking
The colorful extravagance of some birds,
the deliberate excessive horns, manes, and tusks of some mammals,
the complex courting behaviour of many animals,
the very existence of sex itself - and by extension all the love songs on the radio, and all the love addled poems ever written -
all likely evolved because of parasites,
because all organisms must run as fast as they can
just to stay in place
- Moises Velasquez-Manoff "an Epidemic of Absence"
I really like the last part and it expressed such a mind bending concept in very few words.
the best quote i heard in my entire life is “he’s probably playing judo in heaven right now #riphampa “
Driving through hell, and I done brought snow.
Originally Posted by PencilPusher View Post
The colorful extravagance of some birds,
the deliberate excessive horns, manes, and tusks of some mammals,
the complex courting behaviour of many animals,
the very existence of sex itself - and by extension all the love songs on the radio, and all the love addled poems ever written -
all likely evolved because of parasites,
just to stay in place
- Moises Velasquez-Manoff "an Epidemic of Absence"
I really like the last part and it expressed such a mind bending concept in very few words.

yoooooo im 14 and this is deep
Probably should go take a look at where the quote originates from to understand the context. It's not about animals not dying from parasites, but more about one possible reason for why all animals don't reproduce asexually.
Organisms don't perish because of parasites

That's wrong, and the connection you made about reproduction -> extinction avoidance wasn't the point of the quote. It's genetic variety -> sexual reproduction (which is true). I just really liked the idea of putting ultimate amount of effort just to stay more or less the same, or
just to stay in place

And was reminded of this by someone saying:
Everybody I know is running as hard as they can just to stand still. It would be a profound comfort to know there was such a thing as Law.

The above quote would be harder to explain considering the level of reading comprehension I'm seeing here.

prop

Last edited by AssassinPro; Mar 19, 2021 at 11:25 AM.
golf
Hey Meg, its me KOD. I’m sorry for all the harm I’ve caused you. What I did was wrong and terrible and I have to live with that knowing I hurt someone I care about in ways that are truly unforgivable. I’m starting therapy this week and no I’m not saying that to try to win you back just telling you because I don’t want to be known as this heartless guy who enjoyed hurting you because I didn’t. I let my emotions get the best of me and the persona I tried to create of myself isn’t true. Truth is im fucked up individual but everyone here knows that but I want to be more honest with myself and others. From the bottom of my heart I’am so sorry for everything. I’m sure this will become a meme in this server but I do mean every last word of this apology and I hope you know that even if people here don’t.
[🥒] x2 🥒x17

https://svntrw.carrd.co

Yet Another Goomba Post/Thread