Toribash
View Poll Results: Who's better, Nvidia or ATI?
Nvidia
109 Votes / 68.13%
ATI
51 Votes / 31.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Evga is an Nvidia partner, they sell graphics cards based on Nvidias chips.

They are not a branch of Nvidia (Nvidia does not sell graphics cards(Oh wait, they do now right? I heard they were selling them in Best Buy, is that still on?))
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Yeah nvidia sells their own cards now and yes....they can be found at best buy.

It was kinda weird seeing them there since I always have associated nvidia branded cards to be early reviewer samples or prototypes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I GOT AN ATI XFX 4550 HD AND IT RUNS GTA 4 FULL ALL RIGHT ON 1280x768 WITH 45 FPS AVERAGE I HOPE ATI WINS !!!
ATI's cards usually have lower heat/power consumption and tend to be cheaper at launch.

However, the current drivers aren't at the same level as Nvidia's, especially with OpenGL.

Actually, my older brother was lucky to get a GTS 450 for $80 off tigerdirect.
Which was the best deal at the time.
Don't read this.
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Yeah nvidia sells their own cards now and yes....they can be found at best buy.

It was kinda weird seeing them there since I always have associated nvidia branded cards to be early reviewer samples or prototypes.

So nvidia is in direct competition with its customers... Well, I don't understand why they thought that would be a good idea...
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Because then they get the profit that the distributors would've had. Kinda like vertical monopolization, although I think nvidia still contracts their chip manufacturing to others.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
What i was told:
I heard that NVidia's cards had better physics to them so if your playing a game with a nvidia graphics card and you shoot a wall it will fall into pieces and the little pieces will act like ragdolls and not fall in the same spot everytime (unless game made them too).
I heard that ATI was about the opposite and the blocks would either have to fall in the same spot everytime or the block would just dissapear when it breaks, kinda like the droors and cabinets you can shoot in counterstrike. Grammar = poop
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Intel graphics is the master card.

On topic : I've had a huge array of both nVidia and ATI cards in my life, but my opinion on this argument is rather dull. I can't really say which one is better or worse mainly because I have not done enough research or pushed each card to it's full potential. At the moment, I am running on a GTX470 EVGA card and it hasn't failed me yet. As long as the card does it's job, then it is better.

At least this thread isn't consolefags vs pcfags. hueahueahuaehaue