ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Tonfa (Nightstick) Mod
I was trying to make an Iaido mod (still haven't managed to by the way), when I started to fiddle around with the wrist. Then the idea hit me: Why not make a tonfa mod? And here it is. It might still need some tweaking, but I guess it turned out ok. Basically, your hand is kinda like a sword, but your wrist spins in a way that makes it look (kinda) like twirling a nightstick. Also, the tonfa (hand) is instagib.

You can stop the tonfa with your body, which looks kinda cool if done right.

Enjoy! And I wanna see comments people! >.>

EDIT: True Nightstick version is up! Scroll down a few posts to check it out.
Attached Files
Tonfa.tbm (268 Bytes, 29 views)
Tonfa_double.tbm (542 Bytes, 25 views)
Tonfa_tori.tbm (280 Bytes, 20 views)
Tonfa_toridouble.tbm (554 Bytes, 22 views)
Tonfa_double_draw.rpl (23.5 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by Rhaken; Aug 10, 2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Updating Version History.....kinda
Is a steel weapon? and instagibbed? just wondering...

thanks for adding pics, most ppl always forget.
Yes, yes, and you're welcome.

If anyone has any suggestions for this mod, I'd sure as hell like to hear them. I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do.
<stonewall> spiritBot: choke on a dick
<&spiritBot> That's not a floating planet.
<stonewall> MINE IS BIG ENOUGH TO BE
Well, this suggestion might make the mod completely different, but a tonfa is usually kept parallel to your arm, and when you attack you either let it stay and just strike with the arm, or you swing it out for extra speed, found an image on google showing how to hold it.

Otherwise it's just a sword mod pointing down :/
Hi!
if you make it like the guy is holding it, it would be pretty hard to do fast attacks.. you would have to get your arms up... with the way the mod is now its hack and slash... kinda sloppyswords meets handsaws (if i got the description right) looks pretty cool though...
Don't Mess With
[Streak9]
Yeah, that was precisely the problem. I didn't get around to try it like Twistshock said, but unless I completely feck the wrist up it'll suck. You know what? I'm gonna try that now. Thanks for the idea.

EDIT: New Nightstick mod is now finished! This time around, it looks more like a real nightstick.

I'd like to thank Flesh-Eating-Bug for helping me test this mod. THANKS BISH! >.<

Any comments or replays appreciated. And I wanna see some multiplayer ideas for these mods! :P
Attached Files
Nightstick.tbm (266 Bytes, 15 views)
Nightstick_double.tbm (538 Bytes, 15 views)
Nightstick_tori.tbm (278 Bytes, 13 views)
Nightstick_toridouble.tbm (550 Bytes, 14 views)
Nightstick_feint.rpl (28.6 KB, 11 views)
Last edited by Rhaken; Aug 10, 2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Adding the new mods
Thanks man, but I think I got the job done right (for once). I'd still like to see your version though!
Yay for Nightstick!
hey mate! i have some replays that i made with ur new version =D hope u like them!!
Last edited by Flesh-Eating-Bug; Apr 3, 2008 at 11:35 PM.