Ranking
Original Post
A text-based game
Well, it all started with me asking for help with c++ for something I'm doing at school.

then someone asked what it was, and I told them it was a text-based game

So, someone asked me to post it, and after I got stuff clear from AKP, a very helpful person who knows the rules about third party stuff, here I am.

I know this is not toribash third party stuff, but this was where I was told to put it, and I can't see any better place.

Of cource if I wasn't allowed to post this in the first place, do remove it by all means. I am, though, posting the source code too, so you can check it for harmful content. Most of the .exe size is the libraries it includes.

The language in the code comments is Finnish.

Oh shit... I have to make it a .rar at home later. Posting the source now though.

About the game:

it's really short and generally sucks, I never said it was good, I was asked to post it. It also has bugs: two items won't display the examine message after they've been interacted with in a certain way. You can still finish it, but it's awkward.

Also please read the instructions before flaming me, they explain most of the flaws.
Attached Files
The Cell source code.txt (18.3 KB, 54 views)
The Cell.rar (18.5 KB, 79 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Jan 30, 2009 at 01:24 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
gaah... I suck at winRAR, just got it... how do I compress? lol.

I managed to find the file (not archive, it's as a "bare" .exe file in my games file) that the game is in, but I don't get how to compress it and make it into a rar so I can post it

helpz?
I refuse to grab.
-
K. I think this (what I'm adding to the first post) is a .RAR of the game. I tried selecting "compress into The Cell.RAR and email" and sending it to myself from my hotmail, but something went wrong. Then I selected "add to The Cell.RAR", which made this file... so I guess...

sorry for this, someone check it for viruses if you're suspicious.

EDIT: AKP confirmed it. Yep, that's the game as a .RAR
Last edited by Archlurps; Jan 30, 2009 at 01:28 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
a begginer program simple but u make it look complex..

also I reckon u started CPP recently cause I would expect usage of classes & structures in a program..GL tough...

11 cases...lol...thts hilrious...u should make menu & all more intresting & user friendly
KONY 2012
I prolly should. I said it sucks. lacks parser, is short as hell, has useless structures (was planning on making more levels, and I'm just used to having a int.main, so... fail.), bugs (the ones I mentioned in the first post)...

anyhow, Gorman asked me to post it, I don't mind.
I refuse to grab.
-
game is too limited to start with....like this will mostly be texual & case works..

try making some useful softwares or such ....like some deparmental store manager or lib manager or something long those lines to get urself exposed to lot other areas
KONY 2012
I know it's limited and that's why I did it. This is what I get my computer studies grade for. I just posted it cuz Gorman was interested.

but do tell me, what kinds of programs exactly?
I refuse to grab.
-