Ranking
Original Post
Create Incentive for Veterans to Play
Pretty simple suggestion: there's nothing really appealing out there for people to earn in Toribash once they've hit 20,000 Qi. It's clear that this lack of promotional opportunities for Veteran players has an impact in their activity, or complete lack thereof.

The closest thing custom belts can talk about "achieving" or "earning" in Toribash is of course "God Belt"; however, that small cosmetic change isn't enough because custom belts can simply change their belt name on a whim to "God Belt" without any problem. That, and one three letter word is hardly a consolation for 30,000 more games to be played.

If you're here to agree or disagree that this is in fact an issue, please post. Additionally, this thread could be used to brainstorm suggestions for what exactly would serve as an incentive for Custom Belts to keep playing.

Some "stream of consciousness" suggestions from the top of my head:

1) Exclusive colors for 30,000/40,000/50,000 games played.
2) Custom made 3D Objects for 30k/40k/50k games played.

It's fiscally reasonable to create incentive for players to move on for thousands and thousands more games. The longer they stay here in Toribash, the more likely they'll throw money at the game. And although it'll never happen under the current people who are in charge of this- it'd be leaps and bounds better if these Objects/etc. can't in anyway be purchased or transferred.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Oct 18, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post

1) Players who play loads of games are more likely to spend $$$ on Toribash
2) Crafting reasons for players to play loads of games will increase them playing loads of games.

therefore

3) Making incentives to play loads of games = Nabi Studios getting more money.

I am certain it is the opposite, when I was like 2nd Dan I was tempted to buy TC and this was the only time I have been tempted. Now I have played 12,000 Games the chance of me spending any amount of $$$ is 0% because I now know how easily I can earn TC.

I also do not understand how all these high QI players are saying "I want X item" and then they complain they are bored of toribash as they have no goal.. surely the goal would be to get good enough to duel yourself or find a way of legitimately earning the TC to get your items.

Your third point I also do not agree with, Why do you want people to play 100 noobs a day when they can play 5 good players and achieve the same amount of improvement. Loads of people who have played 10,000 games are far better than those who have played 30,000 - 50,000.
Even if the reward was great for playing 50,000 games I doubt it would be enough to motivate any player to 'noob bash' all day everyday and even if it is, then you would be rewarding the wrong type of player.

And this whole 'tier' thing is an pretty awful idea.
Last edited by FistofLife; Oct 15, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
Originally Posted by poop View Post
^ dumbest thing ever

CUSTOM JOINTS!

It would be so easy!

We already have 'custom' joints. they're called joint textures. I don't really see what you mean? Unless you literally mean master/custom belts receive all the joint texture items? but I feel that might kill the market with all the master belts receiver 20 Textures each being worth < 80k each
Last edited by RedPanda; Oct 15, 2014 at 09:52 PM.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Custom color that you can create once your like 20k+ qi you can even give it your own name
The color would need to be approved by market or something but i think this would be a cool feature
Don't Be Racist
Originally Posted by xbcz View Post
And how about feature that allows to get 10 tc per win in private and unofficial rooms and/or giving that 10 tce per win for everyone in room that was created or opped by veterans ? It will not be big abuse.

I think a permanent 10tc booster would be nice, and given that it's such a low amount of tc I don't think it would be abused or farmed.
But I'm sure something would go wrong.
I'm pretty sure that nobody is gonna get nothing for free. Even if there weso some special pfeatures you would have to buy them with tc.
Unless my ideas that gives u non-tradeble full textures at 30k qi, full hairs and 3 obj and sounds at 40kqi and all full color sets at 50k qi. All non-tradable.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
I'm pretty sure that nobody is gonna get nothing for free. Even if there weso some special pfeatures you would have to buy them with tc.
Unless my ideas that gives u non-tradeble full textures at 30k qi, full hairs and 3 obj and sounds at 40kqi and all full color sets at 50k qi. All non-tradable.

Ok, let's say we implemented that. You get 20k (or 30, 40, doesn't matter) and get all these items. What will make you play afterwards? What if you already have all the items you need?

Most of the ideas posted here are not going to make people play after they get "x" qi. Using this logic, we can just give every orange belt anything they want and think that they will play more because of that.
the correct asnwer is: more gameplay features
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Ok, let's say we implemented that. You get 20k (or 30, 40, doesn't matter) and get all these items. What will make you play afterwards? What if you already have all the items you need?

Most of the ideas posted here are not going to make people play after they get "x" qi. Using this logic, we can just give every orange belt anything they want and think that they will play more because of that.

50k games = around 5 yrs of play, evwn more. It's a nice reward for very highbelts, and smaller belts can look up to them and want to be like them. Eventually everybody stops playing. Idk. I actually don't want items, since i know i can get anything i want...but i thought other people could be motivated by that. Idk what thing could be that cool to make u plau another 10 or 20k games. Toribash is cool enough, but some kind of reward would be nice. Most highbelrs are only forum active usually. and 30k more games for godbelt is very unatractive... I'm thinking very cool stuff for very highbelts would determine lower belts to want to be like them. Maybe make these items usd only for normal users... But untradable for thouse who get them as reward...idk. lowbelts use the torishop. I used it until i found the market and discovered the forum. Highbelts don't spend money on the game anyway...they could be used as exames of awsomness imo
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by snake View Post
the correct asnwer is: more gameplay features

And/or QI restriction tournaments and events. The QI restriction rooms are a joke atm, the Ultimate servers served a purpose unlike any public servers today: finding people with some experience and enjoy the game with them.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!