ES Recruitment Drive
Regarding gaming communities, activity is probably the most important part of being a good leader,
as people will be able to communicate and work with you on a regular basis.

People like consistency in their lives, and having someone who is constantly available,
whether it be for insight or simple small talk, is always a great thing.

Overall, a leader in general should be able to communicate well and keep it cool. Charisma also helps; no one want's a boring leader Zzzz...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As the leader of a clan, your job is to be the foundation.

Personally, the things I look for in a leader are:

Consistency - must have systems in place for recruitment, promotions and other clan functions that are adhered to. Changing these systems often will result in members feeling that the base of the clan is unsteady.

Activity - at least online once every 2 days. The higher the activity, the better.

Maturity - the reason clans led by young teens and preteens often fail. Maturity is needed. Of course, some preteens and younger teens are very mature. Fairness and peacekeeping are part of this.

Decisiveness - must be able to make important decisions, not always running to the clan members for votes. Democracy is good, but a leader should be able to take charge and actually lead.

Sense of humour - this one is important. A sense of humour means that the leader will not be rattled too badly by flames and invaders throwing insults. It goes hand in hand with maturity. If a leader gets flustered easily, their followers will lose respect and faith in their leader.

Note: good English (or whatever language the clan uses) and grammar never hurt, but are not overly important to me if the leader possesses the above attributes.

An example of a leader with these attributes would be Twilight, which is why I joined her clan. You can look at the leadership of most official clans, actually.

Hope this helps

Mush luvs,
Mylk
Last edited by Mylk; Feb 9, 2016 at 09:33 AM.
Originally Posted by 16bars View Post
I'm learned from many people that I shouldn't aim to high now. I should have taken it step by step.

No, you should aim high if that's what you want to do. Just need to make sure everyone involved has the same vision and is willing to put in required work for that vision. Once you have that base then the leadership stuff comes on top but if you don't have that from the beginning you're doomed to failure off the bat.

Originally Posted by raaage View Post
a good leader has to inspire passion in their followers.

This is more important than people believe - especially in Toribash, maybe not passion exactly - but morale generally. People reeeeeally like to build bandwagons. If things are going slightly wrong, people are feeling uneasy, bored, issue arises etc, and one person jumps ship then that little ball can start rolling and growing and growing. Those people that were uneasy but hanging in there from the power of eachother staying in there now fall off like a chain reaction. The more go the more follow and now you're at critical mass. Depending on how many people were sketchy there and how many are solid and end up staying can break clans so quickly.
Basically don't be Dictator and flame alot. And just saying but not trying to offend you but it's most likely when you kicked some people that the others decided to leave. If you had a problem with a guy you could try handling it in a formal matter. I know, sometimes that's easier said than done but it's not a thing of myth. Sure some might say why am I fit to give you advice but in my opinion I feel that I am qualified to give you advice and that advice is advice and it can always be helpful if given correctly. Thanks for reading and good luck with future clans. Also yeah I'll continue reading here you guys have some awesome stuff. TyZi simple but good explanation and Ele very nice speech good job. Well again thanks for reading guys.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |