Toribash
Original Post
Need tips for upgrading my PC
Hello, I've been developing some assets and maps for games using Unreal and Source engine, this task sometimes freezes out my PC (specially in compiling/building stage) this is nothing that destroys my projects but it's just a bit annoying and time wasting.

So I'm asking you guys which CPU and motherboard is recommended to me? Price should be less than $300.

My current pc specs->

ram: 2x 4gb
cpu: AMD A4 3400 APU with radeon HD Graphics 2.70 ghz
motherboard PEGATRON COORPORATION 2ACF

thx for replying
Last edited by Haluy; Mar 19, 2019 at 05:14 PM.
We'll need the specifications of your current system to be able to make any decent recommendations as to what should be upgraded first. There are a lot of different factors which may be causing this, and replacing CPU and motherboard from the get go might not be the best option.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
ram: 2x 4gb
cpu: AMD A4 3400 APU with radeon HD Graphics 2.70 ghz
-----
motherboard PEGATRON COORPORATION 2ACF
Last edited by Haluy; Mar 19, 2019 at 05:05 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Just to be sure: You do not have a dedicated graphics card?
Squad Squad Squad lead?
Alright. In that case, I'd recommend something like these parts.

Note that your current RAM will not be compatible with this motherboard, which is why I included suggestions for other RAM. I'd also recommend giving this thread some time so that other people can make their suggestions.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
Ah, forgot to ask about location. My bad. I don't follow Brazil's parts market that closely, hopefully someone else will be able to find something effective.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
This might be a bit risky, but have you considered buying 2nd hand parts? For 300$ I can't think of anything that'd be worth buying in the long run, especially since the prices in Brazil are even higher as you mentioned.
thx for ur suggestions

also suo i was searching for a cheaper ryzem cpu and found this:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

It's almost 200$ cheaper (in Brazil the Ryzen 5 you linked is 600$ and this one is 400) but is it worth?