Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
DISCUSAION thread about new and previous generation of replayes
yesterday i was watching gramof0ns replay stream and in the chat some people started mentioning how people who are starting replays these days are able to improve and learn much faster than people who started replays say 5 years ago

this is easy to explain, new replaymakers look at experienced replaymakers and try to do what they are doing, which means that they immediately "adopt" the knowledge that the experienced replaymakers acquired over their career. this is fascinating and impressive, because now we have relative newcomers who are light years ahead of people who have played for years

so should the new generation glorify the previous one so hard? i mean i dont mind expanding my edong everytime i join a room but there are guys who are just 5* better than me and still improving, they are more likely to become the next Nuthug or smth than for example me, since im already so burned out and the only replays i make anymore are for fun and not with the intention of reinventing replaymaking.

plus, maybe if the new gen looks up to the previous one so much wouldnt it sorta make it more difficult for them to realise how good they could become? for example, they can now easily reach the quality of their idol and surpass him immensely, but if they still hold their idol in such high regard they might mistakenly reach the conclusion that they are at their peak or smth. maybe this is obvious and you might be thinking that this isnt a problem because you believe that people in general like to push boundaries, but these kinds of people are exactly the legendary replaymakers who everyone remembers for the pioneers they were, so maybe it is not as obvious as one would think

new people is where its at

discuss
-----
ps this is unrelated to larfen getting legend, i love larfen and he is my great friend and i am glad he is legend
Last edited by pusga; Jan 11, 2016 at 06:33 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
oh yeah