Toribash
Original Post
ToriBash WallPapers

Greetings fellow ToriBashers...

I think that toriBash needs some fancy artwork outside of the game. I have begun to fill some of this vast void with some of my own work, but i have reached the barrier of not having any good ideas.
Nothing easy anyhow. The main ones ive thought of so far include a player on top of a mountain of dismembered player pieces, but alas, i have yet to create it...

Im still seeking out the Logo used in the start of the second Toribash Promo Flim clip, in a high enough rez for wallpapers.

So for all ye who have the eye for art, and know what they are after, either describe it really really well, or draw up a basic layout of the shot in paint (stick figures will do) And i will do what i can to create those i deem worthy to be made into ToriArt.

And, for the hell of it, my first attempt. NOT done in Pov-Ray. :P
The hand is not twisted, thats just due to the distorted FOV.

Click http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j9...4-768-WIP1.jpg for a higher rez version
[img width=640 height=480]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/Cevius/ToriBash-1024-768-WIP1.jpg[/img]

- Cevius Roth
<( O )>
Re: ToriBash WallPapers
I have to say, great job! but, alas, I dont have anything to give to you (Ideas and stuff like that)
Very nice indeed, I really like the dq ring.
HIYAAAAAAaaa FACEKICK IN YOUR FACE....... Nah i'm just kidding
The program was 3dsmax8 and photoshop to try to rescale the head textures and the blood on the ground.
There is no PovRay to 3dsmax converter so i had to go through the pov ray file and get each physical points location. (Painfull at best)

Ill go with my massive pile of dismembered limbs for now
<( O )>
It now belongs on my desktop as the wallpaper Thanks!
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Fellow ToriBashers!

As promised, A pile of dismembered limbs. Since i needed to make the central character stand out, i used my head texture and changed the limb colours. Would have also added blood, but its really hard to get it looking right. So a red volume light had to suffice.

If you want your character to feature in a scene, ill need your head texture, and if possible in a higher resolution than what you use for the game. If not, i will make do with whats there. You also need a brief description of what you are after too. For scenes with only 2 to 4 characters i can also include particle blood and/or blood sprites, DQ shock wake rings, and other assorted 3dfx (fog, volume lights, lazer beams for eyes, etc)

ps: This took one masssive load of time to render. Hours. Cel shading is painfull. So any suggestions in the future had better not be this full of details ;) I might change it to a normal Toribash dudes textures later. Once i have several hours free to render

If you are a Deviant artist please visit My Deviant Account and Fav it if you like it

Click This Link for a higher rez version
[img width=640 height=480]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/Cevius/ToriBashWp2_1280-1024.jpg[/img]

- Cevius Roth <O>
<( O )>