Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
[GM] Jelly Limbs

Jelly Limbs

There's a saying "You never know the value of what you have till you lose it". You might call yourself a professional killer, but what if your arms or legs turned into a flabby, fractured mass of jelly? Could you still perform just as well? Let's find out!

Objective
By editing replay you will make your pair of arms or legs fractured. Handicapped this way, you have to create the best replay possible. Bonus points for actually making use of your crippled limbs! Both creativity and technique of your replay will be judged by the GM Team.
An example replay is attached to show you the general concept.

How do I get my arms or legs fractured?
1. Open up toribash and set desired settings such as distance or gravity.
2. Hold all and press shift+space to progress a single frame. Save your replay.
3. Open replay file with notepad and at the end of text paste:
ARMS:
FRAME 1; 0 0 0 0
FRACT 0; 5 6 8 9 10 11
JOINT 0; 5 4 6 4 8 4 9 4 10 4 11 4
LEGS:
FRAME 1; 0 0 0 0
FRACT 0; 14 15 16 17 18 19
JOINT 0; 14 4 15 4 16 4 17 4 18 4 19 4
4. Save file, open replay and edit it from the moment your limbs fracture. (protip: use "." and "," to slow down/speed up replays)
image explanation

Note: if you make a replay and then try to edit it, it might glitch (fractures won't happen) - you will need to open the replay file with notepad again, find line with "FRAME 1" and add fracture code again.

Rules
Your arms or legs must be fractured
Mod is classic.tbm, but you can change settings
No hacking replays (apart from adding the fractures at start)
No stealing replays
No moving Uke

Prizes
1st - x10 + + +
2nd - x6 + +

Deadline
2 weeks. It's over!
Okay guys! The winners have been chosen!

First place goes to Internet, because who needs functioning arms to do a good manipulation replay, right?

Second place goes to DropKick for his jaw-dropping limp-limb decap.

Gradeger's replay gets a honorable mention for being the third most favourite of the judges.

Prizes sent! Congratulations to winners and to everybody who took up the challenge!

EDIT- BONUS INFO:
My replay glitched and it's all weird, but it was alright when I saved, how to fix? -> http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=13
How does that frac hacking work? How do I fracture both my arms and legs? -> http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=27
Attached Files
example_arms.rpl (94.0 KB, 66 views)
example_legs.rpl (80.1 KB, 47 views)
Last edited by JtanK; Jul 8, 2014 at 08:54 PM.