Ranking
Original Post
Question: Texture copyright
I have a question, imagine that i love one set but dont have the money for it, is it legal to make one "look a like" set but made by myself ?
P O R T U G A L
It is treading sensitive ground. You're aloud to use the same colours. You can use patterns that are of the same style. But if it is the same patterns, arranged too similarly, even if it were coloured differently, you could still be infringing on artist copyrights.

Instead, I would advise you to be inspired by sets that you like, but create something completely new and unique. Why risk the problems you could get yourself into?

If you have the tools and ability to make anything to begin with, only let yourself be inspired by others works, and create your own style. Who knows, you might create a demand, and get customers. Not everyone is able to make sets.

Know this, it would not be ok to take someone's set, from their custom folder, and just modify it a bit. There would be repercussions.
rock the world, one fight at a time
Originally Posted by smosh023 View Post
It's not if 5% of it is the same

It's best not to try an push the line of plagiarism. Better safe than sorry and come up with an original idea for a new set.
Yeah, creating a look-alike set without copying is pretty much impossible as well.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.