Toribash
Original Post
What do I desire?
It seems in life all we do is what we are told or what makes us the most money.

I'm at a stage in life where I have no clue what I desire, no clue what my future holds. I'm enlisted in an OSU Mechanical Engineering program because I have a very high success rate of getting a job. I do not want to be a Mechanical Engineer for the rest of my life.

So here I am asking myself, if money had no meaning, if it was worthless to me, what would I spend the rest of my life doing if I could start today.

As it dawned on me, for the first hour I had no clue. Zero idea of what I wanted to be in life. After some mind juggling I realized if I could do one thing for the rest of my life it is teaching. To hell with this Mechanical Engineering plan I've been led to believe is what will make me happy, I have feelings, emotions, I operate just as all of you do and I strive for something in life just as all of us do. I strive for peace, I don't want to live my entire life being stressed out all the time. What life is that? Teaching is something I could do for the rest of my life and being young in in years I still have the opportunity to be just that..

So I ask you guys here at Toribash, what do you desire? If money wasn't important what would you do for the rest of your life?

I don't want any immature remarks I want honesty.
Last edited by ATD; Nov 28, 2012 at 01:38 AM.
[OLDA]|[Ultimate]|Order of Taekkyon| ex-GameMaster
Questions concerns? Pm me
Videogames, sex, thrill rushes such as jumping off planes and landing in a deep hole, and having to climb my way back up, etc.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Enjoyment and happiness is the only purpose for living. What separates a "good" "mature" or "successful" person from the rest is based mainly on what makes them happy.

If self-improvement makes you happy you are going to be successful.
If videogames make you happy (more than anything else) you will be unsuccessful.

In general the only 2 factors that will truly mater for your path to enjoyment and self-success is time and work ethic. I put this out really simply because it is, life is extremely simple in the broadest terms. Winner take what they want through effort, losers simply aren't trying hard enough.
the god
I wish
Being a good guy in market...
And that there are more girls in toribash.
[Neon] New Times
🐵2012/2015🐵
i think i'm happiest when i'm grinding away on my latest art/video/music project, even if it isn't really that good
shmevin eats smegma
Videogames, more than anything else.

wait fuck

But seriously though, being creative is what i want to do. Be that drawing, writing or making games, that's really what i like to do (apart from gaming, but y'all know how that can't score me any significant sums of dough). Making a living off of that ain't gonna be easy though, so i'm taking a degree in Geology, which is both interesting and full of well-paid job opportunities. Plus it's kind of amusing to be a dude who actually knows stuff about some things, which didn't just come from memorizing Wikipedia articles or whatever.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
i think i'm happiest when i'm grinding away on my latest art/video/music project, even if it isn't really that good

Also this, and especially writing random things when bored and working on my game.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Originally Posted by Kagami69 View Post
I wish
Being a good guy in market...
And that there are more girls in toribash.

Looking at the digits behind your name and your post, I conclude that you have too much hormones.

Anyways, apart from a good career, I'd love to be a guitarist. No, not like Slash. More like Stevie Ray Vaughan or Dan Auerbach.
My desire is to conquer world and erase the existence of war from this cursed world
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you