ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Single Player Campaign Ideas
It get boring sometimes when your making replays your just uninspired and a lot of times I look and edit the permanent replays. But after a while, that gets boring to the point where I do the tutorial again. Soon enough, I noticed that the permanent replays helped me a lot when I played it at first. So I thought, why not make more of these helpful replays. This idea Allows people to click single player option so that they can fight against a non-user controlled tori. It would help a lot when your starting out since you know no moves of any kind what so ever and for somebody who is more advanced in the game, they will have harder challenges. Thanks for reading my idea.
Sincerely,
Qukslice
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Single Player in Toribash has always been used for the replay makers mainly to pull off cool moves and show them off to others. I believe it has been very successful in that particular aspect, still holding a competitive feel without actually face to face fighting someone. And I personally, have been satisfied with that.

However, recently I took quite the trip through Europe and some of the world. And while sitting in the airports with their atrocity of an Internet service, removed from Multi Player entirely. I couldn't help but be rather disappointed with the variety Single Player had to offer. Potentially, no variety or challenge whatsoever when you step away from the Replay Making side of Single Player.

Personally, I would like to stay on a realistic stand point. Remove yourselves from an AI concept, and think what else can be done? What about challenges of varying difficulty? Steam is rather light on achievements nowadays, why not throw in more revolving around the Single Player side of things? Breaking off a certain number of limbs from Uke in a certain mod, beating Uke in a race?

How about instead of mods like obstacle courses being kept in a backlog of mods, they are set aside to complete in Single Player for an achievement, or perhaps even entirely new mods are made for this purpose? This could in fact be entirely recreational or to kill time with no Internet, like me when I was stuck in those airports.

Maybe think about other possibilities other then simply the combat aspect of TB, although it does not hurt to be explored further. Of course, away from AI standards. Toribash is a unique game, with tons of ways to shape a Single Player experience. I'm sure you guys can think of something more without getting stuck when it comes to AI.
So... Ideas for single player:

Racing:
Uke has multiple forms of running and you have to beat him in a range of distances from 5 to 100m

Climbing:
Same idea except you're going up a wall.

Boxing machine:
You punch or kick a button in front of tori and your points scored are equal to how many points would have been scored if you had hit uke in the head with this power, (DM not included)

Reaction test:
You are facing a wall the height and width of tori with lights on it, the score is how many frames it takes to hit the first 5 lights to light up, if you hit 2 at once you get dqed.

Also you could add a load of easier to add olympic mods: discus, long jump, javelin etc
Last edited by Cheshyre; Dec 30, 2014 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Removed incorrect speculation
My idea for a singleplayer type of campaign could, instead of AI, be a type of surgical toribash with maybe some hints for the beginning levels for teh n00bz. Small tc prizes could be awarded upon completion of challenges. Even a set amount of frames could be applied making the challenges harder with progression.

Also, I'm seeing some other good suggestions around. I could see the singleplayer experience being a good one that could kill time if, say, you have no wi-fi, don't feel like making replays, don't feel like dealing with others, or a combination.
Originally Posted by AntiPeople View Post
My idea for a singleplayer type of campaign could, instead of AI, be a type of surgical toribash with maybe some hints for the beginning levels for teh n00bz. Small tc prizes could be awarded upon completion of challenges. Even a set amount of frames could be applied making the challenges harder with progression.

Also, I'm seeing some other good suggestions around. I could see the singleplayer experience being a good one that could kill time if, say, you have no wi-fi, don't feel like making replays, don't feel like dealing with others, or a combination.

This would be amazing! Maybe instead of things like Surgical Toribash, you would start out simplu fighting UKE. His moves would gradually increase in difficulty, and then you would do event like challenges. Such as Surgical Toribash, or ConCon's savable. This could open up possibilies for farmers, so I think instead of tc, they should provide NON SELLABLE items, or QI. Thank you for reading this post.
I'm just gamin' man
I think qi for winning is a good idea, but what kind of non sellable items could you have, without it being too good, because for experienced players the early versions of ukes moveset will be easy for them to beat to get the items if they want them.
I would LOVE if there was some kind of story to Toribash, as in Uke actually means something.
Example:Uke is an evil sorcerer and you have to kill him to end his tyranny. You destroy levels of predefined sets to get to supreme Uke(which will have advanced moves)
You are also awarded 100 tc or sometin for winning
N I C E
Originally Posted by tully3 View Post
I would LOVE if there was some kind of story to Toribash, as in Uke actually means something.
Example:Uke is an evil sorcerer and you have to kill him to end his tyranny. You destroy levels of predefined sets to get to supreme Uke(which will have advanced moves)
You are also awarded 100 tc or sometin for winning

This would be subject to phishing. I don't know if its spelled like that, but you get what I'm saying. Like I said before, it would have to be QI.
I'm just gamin' man
This is not bad. Having Uke doing things in these would be a good idea. But would this be something like leveling up?

Different obstacles sounds perfect.
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫
I would hope uke would scale up in difficulty, however early on his AI would not be strong so levelling would be very difficult
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
I would hope uke would scale up in difficulty, however early on his AI would not be strong so levelling would be very difficult

Hey wait. What if you were able to choose your "difficulty" like easy, normal, hard, etc.
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫