Toribash
Original Post
Removal of Ranked Matchmaking.
Reason being is that, only beginners really use matchmaking cause they don't quite understand what it is for. Thus allowing good players to exploit the fact that they are new and ultimately farm for rank with barely any effort at all.
"Only the dead see the end of war."
That doesn't explain why we should get rid of it.
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
The ranking system is to rank skill, not the amount of free time a person has.

I assumed that was obvious, but I guess some people have trouble noticing the obvious. I should have pointed that out in the first post.
Sorry, I was almost certain that how much time you put in this game has a factor in how good you are.

Beating 1000s of new players makes you better than 1000s of people. Period.
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
If you knew anything about this game, you would notice that some people catch on to this game faster than others.

I started in 2013 and I am better than a majority of the players that have joined before me. So time isn't a factor.

Though it seems you fail to grasp the concept of a ranking system.

The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in competitor-versus-competitor games.

Notice the words in bold "Relative skill levels" you see how it doesn't say "Relative free time levels"?

You shouldn't be able to have a good rank by beating people who barely know how to move.

*note: You also don't face a different opponent every matchmaking session so your "Beating 1000s of new players makes you better than 1000s of people" statement is invalid. In reality you are maybe better then the 6-7 people attempting to learn how to play. Which is also kind of obvious cause you know..They don't know how to play.
Last edited by Kiki; Dec 7, 2016 at 07:43 PM.
Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
and if you knew anything about this game, you would notice that some people catch on to this game faster than others.

There's no point in talking to you about this, all I'm getting is ad hominems.

I'll just wait for someone to get rank 1 with 100% win rate because all it takes is time, not anything like, you know.. knowing how to move in this game which apparently no one can do.
Can't even think of a game where everyone earns their rank, and plays against people who also earned their rank based on how good they are accurately.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Ticux's win rate is pretty close to 100% and his elo is 1689 just by sitting and playing these beginners all day.

https://gyazo.com/e81f91bad0ad409d07f215b8da980987

His last 100 games were undefeated half way till he maybe went into tourney13 or the ranked servers.

Even rank 2 isn't that steady, https://gyazo.com/b898b4570f49e4915af278875b287817
Last edited by Kiki; Dec 7, 2016 at 07:59 PM.
Rather than removing why not rant about everything that's broken in it - as in stuff that needs fixed without replacing it.

Ideally with ways it should work (eg tiered matchmaking so beginners can't become victims) or things of the such.

Obviously it needs fixed, but it kinda needs people to kick up more of a fuss about it to get the dev attention.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Kyou View Post
Sorry, I was almost certain that how much time you put in this game has a factor in how good you are.

Beating 1000s of new players makes you better than 1000s of people. Period.

Sure, it's a factor. But correlation isn't 100%, and even if it was that means we find a way to measure one or the other. It most certainly does not mean we intentionally conflate the two.
So, what? All I've got is to allow people to play the same time 1/3/5 times (like a set) before finding a new player
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up