Original Post
Remove rank
I mean its freaky like you know freaky

steps of getting a rage quit

it says your rank is example 1
a white belt fights you rank 600000+
then he defeats you :O

well what is the purpose of rank?
Rank is to show where you are on average for ALL the mods,the rank for that specific mod is at the end of every match.
Bye bye toribash
Originally Posted by 4kid View Post
Rank is to show where you are on average for ALL the mods,the rank for that specific mod is at the end of every match.

Actually, a person that joins toribash for example just plays twinswords. If he gets really good at it, there global rank will be somewhat close to your mod rank. But once he starts exploring mods his rank will start to increase
R.I.P
Originally Posted by McD0NALDS View Post
well what is the importance of ranks?

It is to make toribash more 'real' and let players have an idea where they are standing in terms of skills among all the toribashians.
Ex-Gamemaster
Shoot me a PM if you have any queries!
The purpose of the ranking system(s) is to compare users on a global scale.

There will always be: those that farm rank; those who quit if they about to lose, in order to save their rank from increasing.

If your suggestion is to remove the ranking system(s), then it won't happen. Alterations to the system(s) however, may.
I am completely for removing ranks all together.

Ask anyone and there mother who's played toribash and they say the same thing "Ranks don't matter". And if they don't, why on earth do we have them. The highest ranked players in toribash are that rank either because they've pigeonholed themselves into only a very few amount of mods, and thus avoid loses from trying something new, or they farmed it.

There's no reason to say "Rinz", a brown belt who farmed lolnade3fast for one day and got banned for 5 days is now ranked like 15th globally. Or Prey3r, a guy who kicked people from brushu matches he lost to be ranked 18th globally. It's TOO EASY to farm rank. I could make a blue belt by next week that's higher rank than I'll ever be.

We can argue all we want that "anything can be farmed, if it wasn't rank it'd be QI", but you're not getting to rank 15 in QI unnoticed and not banned permanently if you're trying to farm it. I think rank 15 based by QI would be near 38,000 games played and if mods are catching you playing joustingfixed with only 3 turns at that point it's a tragedy.

So what's the point in having them? If the point was to show your average ability, they do a terrible job because there are no-named untalented players in the top 250 and amazing players that are active and played since 2007 that aren't in the top 1000. If it's to show experience we have QI for that, and you all decided against a QI based ranking system, not to mention: isn't that what belt's are for? So why even have ranks
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I'd like to remove rank system and add some useful forum-only stats. So you can see e.g. your wins/loss in each mod. As it was said, rank is absolutely useless, supported.
Originally Posted by Hxcbbqimo View Post
I am completely for removing ranks all together.

Ask anyone and there mother who's played toribash and they say the same thing "Ranks don't matter". And if they don't, why on earth do we have them. The highest ranked players in toribash are that rank either because they've pigeonholed themselves into only a very few amount of mods, and thus avoid loses from trying something new, or they farmed it.

There's no reason to say "Rinz", a brown belt who farmed lolnade3fast for one day and got banned for 5 days is now ranked like 15th globally. Or Prey3r, a guy who kicked people from brushu matches he lost to be ranked 18th globally. It's TOO EASY to farm rank. I could make a blue belt by next week that's higher rank than I'll ever be.

We can argue all we want that "anything can be farmed, if it wasn't rank it'd be QI", but you're not getting to rank 15 in QI unnoticed and not banned permanently if you're trying to farm it. I think rank 15 based by QI would be near 38,000 games played and if mods are catching you playing joustingfixed with only 3 turns at that point it's a tragedy.

So what's the point in having them? If the point was to show your average ability, they do a terrible job because there are no-named untalented players in the top 250 and amazing players that are active and played since 2007 that aren't in the top 1000. If it's to show experience we have QI for that, and you all decided against a QI based ranking system, not to mention: isn't that what belt's are for? So why even have ranks

I don't agree with this. BELTS don't matter, but without ranks, toribash would lose its competitive edge all together. For example, alt accounts. A person could be master belt in another account and be white in a different one. Another example is a person could have no skill at all, have played since 2007, gotten lucky, and be a 10th dan. I don't support getting rid of ranks. I am a competitive person, so I may be the only one who thinks like this. This is what I think.
Last edited by RedRebel24; Jul 20, 2013 at 09:29 PM.
[Team Wushu]
Pm me any questions! I will be happy to help.
Okay but ranks is unbalanced and not fair
So even make the ranks better or remove

Sent from An app
INB4 14 days ban