Toribash
Original Post
pit bulls
something that ive been thinking about currently after stumbling across the video "The Pit Problem" by brittany venti, yeah, brittany venti.

there are a plethora of people who think pit bulls are bad dogs by nature. i disagree to an extent but i also understand why people think that, i think a lot of the fatalities pit bulls cause are revolved around the owner and how the owner treats their dogs. i own a pit bull terrier myself and about 5-6 months ago, he lashed out at one of my friends when i was walking him , he left a pretty big bite wound on my friends arm which had to be stitched up, and my dog had to be quarantined for about a month. a week before that happened, my dog jumped onto a stranger and scratched her leaving a 3 inch scratch on her thigh, didn't bite, it wasn't deep but it was bleeding a little. at the time i just speculated my dog was hyper or something, he hasn't had any problems since he was quarantined and also since i got him a muzzle. i should also mention i have 3 cats and a papillion which my dog hasnt attacked ever since i got him back in 2017

more stuff; i also think from time to time of another situation like this happening again, which is unfortunately very possible, i love my dog to fucking bits and i dont want him to do some stupid shit and get put down, which is also why i wrote this.

what are ur thoughts on pit bulls in general and what are ur thoughts about mine

also a pic

my dogs

Last edited by Berzerk; Apr 28, 2019 at 10:43 PM.
The only people who call pit bulls dangerous are pit bull owners looking for attention

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
I work at a dog daycare and boarding facility and my boss has a strict breed restriction on a couple breeds including pits and mastiffs. I have to turn people down constantly just because they mentioned their dog has some pit. It sucks because some of the nicest dogs I’ve met have been pit mixes or just purebred.

Given all that, here is my possibly unpopular opinion. Some dogs were literally bred to help us with farming, live stock, etc. While some breeds were bred and specifically chosen to have very dangerous traits. Mastiffs for example were bred and used for war over 2,000 years ago. Even in the 1600s they used mastiffs for bear baiting where you throw a couple dogs into an arena with a bear and see what happens. Pit bulls are known for their extremely powerful jaws and sometimes resort to lockjaw which can be so incredibly scary. If any dog, no matter what breed comes to a point of fight or flight they will fallback on what they know and what they were bred for. I guess what I’m trying to say is that some dogs have the ability to do more damage than others. However I agree with you that with a good owner almost any dog can be very obedient, and with a bad owner any breed can be aggressive.

Ps: your doggo is very cute

Here’s my big thing

doggo

Last edited by akkashtin; Apr 28, 2019 at 08:14 AM.
The only pitbull I dislike is mr worldwide
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
I don’t mind pit bulls, I know a few that have the loveliest souls and a also know one that’s a fuckin psycho. I think it comes down to the same thing as humans, they either have that mind set or not. Doesn’t come down to the breed of the dog or the owner (not completely obviously they do have a big influence) I’m sure if a lot of smaller dogs were bigger and more powerful they would be just as cunty if that was their personality
-----
Also nice one rifle hahaha
Last edited by JoboMan; Apr 28, 2019 at 01:52 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I apologise for this post.
Pits are considered dangerous because theyre often used in illegal dog fighting. Their strong build makes them good fighting dogs so they often can be raised in non-ideal circumstances but they are not inherently dangerous.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
pits are built like beasts and they should only be raised by people who really know their shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_..._United_States

really makes you think
-----
pits are inherently dangerous tbh, they were simply bred that way.
Last edited by basic; Apr 28, 2019 at 06:22 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
great bait, you can really tell there was a lot of effort put into it and you really gave it your all, keep up the good post basic

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by akkashtin View Post
I work at a dog daycare and boarding facility and my boss has a strict breed restriction on a couple breeds including pits and mastiffs. I have to turn people down constantly just because they mentioned their dog has some pit. It sucks because some of the nicest dogs I’ve met have been pit mixes or just purebred.

Given all that, here is my possibly unpopular opinion. Some dogs were literally bred to help us with farming, live stock, etc. While some breeds were bred and specifically chosen to have very dangerous traits. Mastiffs for example were bred and used for war over 2,000 years ago. Even in the 1600s they used mastiffs for bear baiting where you throw a couple dogs into an arena with a bear and see what happens. Pit bulls are known for their extremely powerful jaws and sometimes resort to lockjaw which can be so incredibly scary. If any dog, no matter what breed comes to a point of fight or flight they will fallback on what they know and what they were bred for. I guess what I’m trying to say is that some dogs have the ability to do more damage than others. However I agree with you that with a good owner almost any dog can be very obedient, and with a bad owner any breed can be aggressive.

Ps: your doggo is very cute

Here’s my big thing

doggo

i agree with u as well, i know and have known pits were previously bred for fighting and i do think that is also a pretty big factor in a dogs behavior for sure. i forgot to mention my dog was a rescue, i think he was abused or in dog fighting, i am still unsure, but he had scars and skin tags when we first brought him home, it is also unfortunate that most pits are sent to shelters that are in low income/in bad areas.

love huskies dude

Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
The only pitbull I dislike is mr worldwide

lol

Originally Posted by JoboMan View Post
I don’t mind pit bulls, I know a few that have the loveliest souls and a also know one that’s a fuckin psycho. I think it comes down to the same thing as humans, they either have that mind set or not. Doesn’t come down to the breed of the dog or the owner (not completely obviously they do have a big influence) I’m sure if a lot of smaller dogs were bigger and more powerful they would be just as cunty if that was their personality

that could play a part as well i'd assume.
Last edited by Berzerk; Apr 28, 2019 at 10:47 PM.