2D

3D

bORING

damn homie, ur insanely talented. uke has no right being that cute
ナゲット
Originally Posted by ymir View Post
damn homie, ur insanely talented. uke has no right being that cute

tYVM 😊

why do so many people draw hands with the fingers in this position? do this shit with ur hand and tell me it feels natural lol (my guess is u did it cuz u saw everyone else does it, but maybe i'm wrong and i'm just a hater)

that is my main gripe with your cartoony/anime style art and 90% of other cartoony/anime style art i see on the internet, i feel like i've seen this shit many many many times before (small anime girl with sniper rifle sitting on rooftop whaaaaaat!!!!!!) i'm not artistically talented so i can't rly say anything other than i don't like it and i probably couldn't pick it out of a lineup of other anime/cartoon art even if i did like it

+ although i'm not artistically talented this kinda jumped out at me. i get u wanted to show the left eye cuz it's ur character and u want to show their face but unless ur character has half a head this shouldn't be possible, they should be looking thru the scope with the eye that's on the same side of the body as the gun is
if u were going for mc escher meets anime i'd say good job

in my opinion for art to be interesting in any capacity it needs to be technically proficient or the subject matter needs to take precedent and i don't see either of those things in anything u posted here. it's not necessarily that your art style is ugly, (i don't like it but i see much worse very regularly, it's obvious you've put in much more work than others care to) but this all just seems so directionless and random (but maybe i'm just.... u know) (overly critical) i would be very quick to call these sketches instead of art but maybe i'm playing the semantics game and you're just drawing for fun (if that's the case disregard all the dogshit i say and keep drawing for fun)

i don't rly have anything to say about the 3d stuff cuz idk anything about 3d modeling, but it all kinda seems like u figured out whatever program u use and then u just started makin whatever random shit came to mind. (but maybe i'm just a h) also the way u type pisses me off (but ma.... yb..e.... i'....m.. justahater) (i know it's meant to be funny but it's teetering on teh penguinz of d00m territory for me)

i don't think u should stop making art, and i really don't think u should assign any weight to my words, this is just how i feel about the lines u drew

TLDR nothing strikes me as visually appealing and none of it is interesting/thought provoking enough for that to not matter but i am a cynical judgemental asshole and my standards are unrealistically high so u can take that however u want
Last edited by unbandemon; Jan 23, 2022 at 06:50 PM.
Originally Posted by unbandemon View Post

why do so many people draw hands with the fingers in this position? do this shit with ur hand and tell me it feels natural lol (my guess is u did it cuz u saw everyone else does it, but maybe i'm wrong and i'm just a hater)

that is my main gripe with your cartoony/anime style art and 90% of other cartoony/anime style art i see on the internet, i feel like i've seen this shit many many many times before (small anime girl with sniper rifle sitting on rooftop whaaaaaat!!!!!!) i'm not artistically talented so i can't rly say anything other than i don't like it and i probably couldn't pick it out of a lineup of other anime/cartoon art even if i did like it

+ although i'm not artistically talented this kinda jumped out at me. i get u wanted to show the left eye cuz it's ur character and u want to show their face but unless ur character has half a head this shouldn't be possible, they should be looking thru the scope with the eye that's on the same side of the body as the gun is
if u were going for mc escher meets anime i'd say good job

in my opinion for art to be interesting in any capacity it needs to be technically proficient or the subject matter needs to take precedent and i don't see either of those things in anything u posted here. it's not necessarily that your art style is ugly, (i don't like it but i see much worse very regularly) but this all just seems so directionless and random (but maybe i'm just.... u know) (overly critical) i would be very quick to call these sketches instead of art but maybe i'm playing the semantics game and you're just drawing for fun (if that's the case disregard all the dogshit i say and keep drawing for fun)

i don't rly have anything to say about the 3d stuff cuz idk anything about 3d modeling, but it all kinda seems like u figured out whatever program u use and then u just started makin whatever random shit came to mind. (but maybe i'm just a h) also the way u type pisses me off, makes u look desperate for attention in my eyes (but ma.... yb..e.... i'....m.. justahater) (i know it's meant to be funny but it's teetering on teh penguinz of d00m territory for me)

i don't think u should stop making art, and i really don't think u should assign any weight to my words this is just how i feel about the lines u drew

TLDR nothing strikes me as visually interesting and none of it is interesting/thought provoking enough for that to not matter

tHIS wAY oF dRAWING hANDS mAKES iT gENERALLY a lOT fASTER tO dRAW sINCE yOU bASICALLY oNLY hAVE tO wORRY aBOUT 4 fINGERS. iT aLSO gIVES tHE pOSE a mORE lIVELY aND eLEGANT aPPEARANCE aS sPREADING yOUR mIDDLE aND rING fINGER aPART iRL tAKES mORE sTRENGTH tHAN dOING sO wITH aNY oTHER fINGER, dUE tO mIDDLE aND rING fINGER nOT hAVING iNDEPENDANT eXTENSORS aND fLEXORS lIKE tHE oTHER fINGERS dO.

tHE cHARACTER iS lOOKING tHROUGH tHE sCOPE wITH tHEIR lEFT eYE, tHE sCOPE iS jUST nOT pRESSED aGAINST tHE eYE sOCKET cUZ tHATS nOT hOW yOU sCOPE, bUT i sEE hOW iT cOULD bE mISINTERPRETED.

tHE 2D aRT i pOST iS mOSTLY sTUDIES aND sKETCHES aS yOU sAID, wHICH iS wHY iTS aLSO dIRECTIONLESS aND rANDOM, wHEN i fEEL lIKE dOING sOMETHING i dO iT. aS yOU sAID i dRAW fOR fUN, jUST lIKE eVERYONE wHO dOES aRT, aS nOBODY wOULD bE wILLING tO iMPROVE a sKILL tHEY dONT eNJOY. tHIS iS aN aRT tHREAD, nOT a fINE aRT tHREAD aS tHE nAME sUGGESTS; yOU wONT bE aBLE tO fIND aNY dEEPER mEANING iN aNYTHING hERE aND yOU sHOULDNT eXPECT tO.

tHE 3D aRT iS aLMOST eXCLUSIVELY tORIBASH rELATED aS iN 3D iTEMS oR rENDERS fOR eVENTS/PROMO, sO yEAH tHATS nATURALLY gONNA bE aLL oVER tHE pLACE. oTHER tHAN tHAT tHERES jUST tHE sTUFF i mADE wHILE tOYING aROUND wITH nEW fEATURES (nAMELY gEOMETRY nODES iN bLENDER), lIKE aLL tHE mATH sTUFF aND tHE pROCEDURAL pOTTERY dRIVEN bY a bEZIER cURVE pROCEDURAL pOTTERY dRIVEN bY a bEZIER cURVE pROCEDURAL pOTTERY dRIVEN bY a bEZIER cURVE.

i tHINK iTS vERY cOOL oF yOU tHAT yOU tOOK eNOUGH tIME oUT oF yOUR dAY tO wRITE a wHOLE pARAGRAPH aBOUT yOUR oPINION oN mY sTUFF rATHER tHAN jUST tHINKING oF iT aS uNINSPIRED aND mOVING oN aS sOMEONE sTATING tHEIR vIEWS iN dETAIL cAN wIDEN mY hORIZON a lOT aND cOULD pOTENTIALLY bE rEALLY hELPFUL, sO tHANK yOU vERY mUCH!