Ranking
Original Post
Name limit, why?
Who in the history of ever would possibly think it would be a good idea to limit names in an online multiplayer game to 10 characters? Also why do I see people with names above 10 characters all the time. My usual game name that I use for every game and never have a problem entering is 14 characters (UnderhandDread.) Not a long name at all compared to others out there. What drawback would there possibly be to letting people have 15 or even 20 character names?
Another unrelated thing I really feel I have to throw in is the imaginary "stock" limit to things like skins, trails, blood, whatever. If people want to shell out for a piece of data that can be replicated in a second and you make up some imaginary stock number and say it's out of stock that's just hurting your profits on these "tori-credit" micro-transactions which I assume are to make money, right? I would hope by now we all know games don't just make themselves for free.
as you see for example there are names with 3 letters!
and there are names with a space
that was a long time ago
it was okay back then but now:/
and because join a multiplayer room when they see your name cover all their screen its not good
it can cause big spamming
like when you write and you username is too long it iwill make bigger line
INB4 14 days ban
Originally Posted by 10charssux View Post
Who in the history of ever would possibly think it would be a good idea to limit names in an online multiplayer game to 10 characters? Also why do I see people with names above 10 characters all the time. My usual game name that I use for every game and never have a problem entering is 14 characters (UnderhandDread.) Not a long name at all compared to others out there. What drawback would there possibly be to letting people have 15 or even 20 character names?
Another unrelated thing I really feel I have to throw in is the imaginary "stock" limit to things like skins, trails, blood, whatever. If people want to shell out for a piece of data that can be replicated in a second and you make up some imaginary stock number and say it's out of stock that's just hurting your profits on these "tori-credit" micro-transactions which I assume are to make money, right? I would hope by now we all know games don't just make themselves for free.

every game can make his own rules, right? well toribash just set it 10. why , i have no idea but why the hell ull use a username with 14 letters? maybe get 2? for games where the limit is higher then 10 and for lower maybe? is that so hard?

2nd thing, if the stuff wont get out of stock it would inflate the toricredtis and they would be useless...
if u would make it not out of stock u can make it directly for free...
also in the real world somethings are too" out of stock"...
and the other stuff youre talking about i dont understand..
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by scorpionma View Post
as you see for example there are names with 3 letters!
and there are names with a space
that was a long time ago
it was okay back then but now:/
and because join a multiplayer room when they see your name cover all their screen its not good
it can cause big spamming
like when you write and you username is too long it iwill make bigger line

The point about the spamming is perfectly understandable however 14-16 character names most likely wouldn't contribute to that plus it's not hard to resize text right? And what about that annoying shit that people do that puts text floating in the middle of the fighting area? I'd call that more of an issue than names flooding over towards the center of the screen.

Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
every game can make his own rules, right? well toribash just set it 10. why , i have no idea but why the hell ull use a username with 14 letters? maybe get 2? for games where the limit is higher then 10 and for lower maybe? is that so hard?

2nd thing, if the stuff wont get out of stock it would inflate the toricredtis and they would be useless...
if u would make it not out of stock u can make it directly for free...
also in the real world somethings are too" out of stock"...
and the other stuff youre talking about i dont understand..

Every game can make it's own rules and all that yes but I've played plenty of online games and none of them have had a name limit this short. I shouldn't have to deviate from the norm just to fit a name in because the name I use isn't long, it's average. Eatmydiction and ChilledChaos are also average length names but they had to settle for something else to play this game which is ridiculous, a 15 or 16 character limit wouldn't hurt anyone. I also think you are exaggerating the whole inflation of Toricredits thing and I'm not sure how that would even work considering they can adjust the prices of the items as they see fit. And as I said before about the items, they're not real, they're simply data that can be duplicated for nothing and sold to more people. I'd probably spend upwards of $20 if all the really cool shit wasn't on the imaginary "out of stock" list.
Last edited by 10charssux; Jan 17, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
Just to sum up some stuff, incase you didn't try... You can get up to 16 letters registering on the forums. Registering ingame is 10, but forums is up to 16.
Also, for the out-of-stock, it would sit there due to us having people who sells them ALOT cheaper price then what they are in ToriShop.
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
Originally Posted by scorpionma View Post
its not too short your username is too long!!

No, it really isn't. Can you honestly tell me your name is supposed to be scorpionma which is coincidentally a 10 character name? I think it was supposed to be ScorpionMan and you got cut off and settled for it.

Originally Posted by DeakManiac View Post
Just to sum up some stuff, incase you didn't try... You can get up to 16 letters registering on the forums. Registering ingame is 10, but forums is up to 16.
Also, for the out-of-stock, it would sit there due to us having people who sells them ALOT cheaper price then what they are in ToriShop.

To the first part: Wow, that's incredibly screwed... Why would anyone set it up like that? If I had been told that by say a convenient little message that popped up when I tried to make a name longer than 10 characters then I would have come to the forums to make my account.
And to the second: I knew about the whole betting system but you can actually give away/sell your Toricash and undercut the official seller? Can you trade items as well because if you can't why would they make it possible to trade the cash outside betting? They really screwed themselves on that one, should have kept the Toricash currency to the same tune of Riot Points instead of Guild Wars 2 gems.
Last edited by 10charssux; Jan 17, 2013 at 06:55 PM.
Umm, I think they don't want names that are ajkfabnfhhjfahjhjbhfhjab, those might cover up some things like a market item or the in-game Tori.
私の顔にそれを言う。
Originally Posted by 10charssux View Post
They really screwed themselves on that one, should have kept the Toricash currency to the same tune of Riot Points instead of Guild Wars 2 gems.

u dont understand the toricredt system , dont u?
riot points and gems are stuff u can buy for REAL money or OTHER INGAME money.

toribash is running over toricredits, which u earn by playing. (like youre IP or the Gold)
only thing u can do with Toricredits what u cant with IP or Gold is selling it "legally" to another player for real cash. but why the hell is that a problem for u?
u can also "buy" ip and gold... just not from another player.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Beginner sanctuary is not the place for putting forth your opinions. Please keep it clean of argumentative conversations. Coming to your actual question, this should be enough to solve your problem:

Originally Posted by DeakManiac View Post

As for your other 'concerns', you can convey them directly to the staff here.

Locked.