Toribash
Original Post
Toribash Next announcement.
I've started to build a new Toribash version, code name Toribash Next.

While the current engine is super awesome it was written 12 years ago.

Things I want to add to the new engine:
- 2vs2, 3vs1 and brawl games
- Built with animations and models from the start
- Ingame multiplayer modding (mod rooms together)
- Ingame inventory and trading
- Run your own servers

Some technical details for those interested:
- Engine (Unity3D)
- Plattforms (Windows, OSX)
- Backend (Steam and standalone)

Economy:
- Part of the economy will be decentralised (we will have our own BitCoin type currency). This will allow players to trade outside the forum.
- The giveaway Toribash Next Token will eventually transferable to this new section of our economy.

Questions & Answers:

QA

If you have more questions, I'll keep this top post updated.
Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
I understand your concerns, but please let's not "daily bump" to try to get attention. I'm not saying it's going to work or not, but it's going to get cluttered fast and going to spur further off-topic chatter.

Please, if you want direct questions answered or you want hampa to show this thread some love. Send him a message, or contact sir to contact him.

لعف يس دمي ثيك, دمي ثيك از فاك

Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
The race is on between mount and blade Bannerlord and Toribash next.

I've been waiting for Bannerlord since forever. But I'm sure that Toribash Next will be released before Bannerlord, both are going to be a pretty good game
idk why ur all getting your hopes up lol

do u all really think that there is any possibility toribash next could be good if it hypothetically came out? look at the fucking toris in the announcement post lmfaooo

LOOK AT HIS FUCKING NECK LMAO

it's crazy that anyone wants this game to come out. best case scenario: they make the neck not look fucking retarded and they get rid of the retard that did that, and the game feels nothing like toribash because they are using an entirely different engine. this game has no chance of survival, quit waiting up for it
That is promotional art. There is some gameplay footage, and some people have actually had access to the beta, so it's better to go off that rather than what the neck looks like in a really old promotional image if you want to speculate on the quality of the game.

Everything is still a work in progress and, even if the necks were like that on release, I don't see how it ruins the whole game, especially when toris can be modified anyway.

The game is getting a new engine because the old one is 13 years old and the new engine is what will allow things like 4 player matches to work. The new engine doesn't mean it will feel nothing like toribash. Isn't exactly rare for a new game in a series to have a new engine.

People are getting their hopes up because new features like breakable objects, the ability to break away from sticky grabs and four player matches could really improve the game. I think it's too early to predict that the game will have no chance of survival, and you might as well try it when it is finally released.
ur acting like any game that is made with a newer engine is as precise and exact as toribash can be lol

the difference between some shit like battlefield getting a new engine and toribash getting a new engine is that there's nearly a dam infinite amount of shit u can do in toribash. at very best, the 2 people that still make replays are going to maybe play it when it comes out, i don't even think there's anything else anymore lol. REDACTED

game's dead friendog, put ur hopes down
Last edited by sir; May 10, 2019 at 09:02 AM. Reason: User infracted
What an oddly moronic way to look at it.

All I’m hearing is ‘hurr durr I bet things will change when the new game comes out and it won’t be exactly like the first, it ruined!’.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Divine View Post

All I’m hearing is ‘hurr durr I bet things will change when the new game comes out and it won’t be exactly like the first, it ruined!’.

Basically :/
Click it, its worth it.
The feel of the game should stay the same but all I want is to increase the functionality and availability of options that allow pathways for better player made content like mods, replays, and most importantly they need to allow a way for multiple fights to take place simultaneously but independently in the same server. The waiting time is the worst part about this game.
Last edited by Footlox; May 10, 2019 at 07:00 PM.
My logic is undeniable..
Leader of the Spyder House
Originally Posted by Footlox View Post
The feel of the game should stay the same but all I want is to increase the functionality and availability of options that allow pathways for better player made content like mods, replays, and most importantly they need to allow a way for multiple fights to take place simultaneously but independently in the same server. The waiting time is the worst part about this game.

I agree. The long waiting time is also big barrier to new players. It's not fun for them to get easily beaten in a couple of turns, and then have to wait 10-30 minutes for their next match.
Originally Posted by Divine View Post

i don't get what you guys do not understand lmfao

the problem with the game not feeling the same is that people that have spent 5+ years playing a game where (this really only applies to replays) you are a lot of the time adjusting your character a single frame at a time lmfao

if the game doesn't feel any different, that's cool. if it does, it's going to feel unnatural and very awkward to the last 20 active players this game has