Toribash
Original Post
Flexible Feet
is there any way to code flexibility into your feet? It would help when people are kicking/ landing. for example, when you extend your ankle to land, the tip of the foot would bend slightly when it hit the ground, and would allow for an easier and smoother transition into the next move.
Hmm, somebody may be able to mod it in. Go to the mods section of the forum and ask for that, you may have to pay a fee for it, but, your idea may be possible.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
If this was possible then this would open up a whole new world for modmaking. Bendable boxing bags, rubber bands even (lol) But I think that if somebody really wanted bendable objects then it would be possible already with the amount of time some people put into this game.
I think that bendable objects are a MUST in this game. Not so sure about the feet though.
Kinda-But-Not-really supported.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
So like a spring mechanic for the feet? I'm all for that, souns like a fun and interesting game changer.
Of course, it wouldn't be on by deafult and just a mod setting so the "game is good as it is" people don't bitch too much about it.
im just saying that the feet should mold with the surface of the ground, instead of being completely straight. It would mostly be a cosmetic thing, to help with realism.for example, in the game, if you landed on the tips of your toes, you would stay on your toes, but no one would do that irl. you would have to land on the ball of your foot irl, and this would help to achieve that. maybe there could be a joint in the middle of the foot, or something.
Originally Posted by Decyph3r View Post
maybe there could be a joint in the middle of the foot, or something.

I think that is a big no-no, Having the feet a bit bendable may or may not be a popular choice. But joints in the middle of them? That seems a bit cliche anyway to be truthful. But as to what you said about realism, realism can be applied due to what you want to do, you can be realistic in a regular game. But as a game where people made out of blocks completely obliterate other unmoving people made out of blocks, realism kinda goes out of the window unless you apply it yourself.
Yeah, i was thinking that the toe part could work like rubber, so when you land, the foot actually bends, and when you move out of the bending position, you'd get a minor speed boost. Just like a sprinter in his starting position.
Your thinking exactly what I was thinking. The question is to make it a minor bend or a bigger bend. I would't want to be standing on a wall and all of a sudden my foot just grips the ledge.
Originally Posted by jclark View Post
Your thinking exactly what I was thinking. The question is to make it a minor bend or a bigger bend. I would't want to be standing on a wall and all of a sudden my foot just grips the ledge.

Something like this

(Such drawing very artist)
From the middle of the foot would be a small bend (red), but from 3/4 on would be a big bend (green). This is to simulate something of a toe feel.
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Yeah, i was thinking that the toe part could work like rubber, so when you land, the foot actually bends, and when you move out of the bending position, you'd get a minor speed boost. Just like a sprinter in his starting position.

that makes a lot more sense, lol. but if this were to make it into the game, it would have to be a minor bend, so you don't grip the wall like jclark said
-----
maybe the ankle joint would control how much the foot bends? such as a relaxed ankle would allow the toe to bend more then a held ankle joint
Last edited by Decyph3r; Jul 3, 2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump