Toribash
Original Post
Single Player Campaign Ideas
It get boring sometimes when your making replays your just uninspired and a lot of times I look and edit the permanent replays. But after a while, that gets boring to the point where I do the tutorial again. Soon enough, I noticed that the permanent replays helped me a lot when I played it at first. So I thought, why not make more of these helpful replays. This idea Allows people to click single player option so that they can fight against a non-user controlled tori. It would help a lot when your starting out since you know no moves of any kind what so ever and for somebody who is more advanced in the game, they will have harder challenges. Thanks for reading my idea.
Sincerely,
Qukslice
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Exactly. Noobs could learn all sorts of moves and learn to counter them from predetermined moves.
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
Exactly. Noobs could learn all sorts of moves and learn to counter them from predetermined moves.

Ok. This isn't getting anywhere. What he really wants is MORE FIGHT SCHOOL. This isn't a design for campaign or AI, what we want is for UKE to teach us more. Give UKE a story. But don't get me wrong, we don't want tons of tutorials, we want hands on action. I myself would think a tutorial on each joint would be great. After showing what each joint can do, put the player in a real situation, such as using your wrists in ABD to straighten you arm, preventing it from dqing. Also, programing more moves into UKE would be great. Add difficulties to him, so he uses different moves on each difficulty. The singleplayer needs alot of improvement. Finally, it would help new players, and give them a chance once they are thrown into multiplayer. Thank you for your time
I'm just gamin' man
Originally Posted by Jaxonia View Post
MORE FIGHT SCHOOL

fight school isn't really campaign, right?
if he wants more fight school, then why did he say Campaign?

"school" and "campaign" are different things. so i don't see why he can just fight uke over and over again in fight school.
self proclaimed lurker and stalker
Then make fight school a different thing and Campaign another thing. Fight school can be a campaign as well. Games like Rome 2 have a fight school of some sort and sometimes they can extend those things into a full fledged separate campaign.
I think that multiple difficulty levels would be nice, so you could choose the move you want to defend against. There could also be different variants of each move type (a plethora of lift kicks and a multitude of shovels preinstalled to the game for us to counter would be just lovely in my opinion) and basic defensive AI in Uke (if he notices that he is upside own and is about to hit the ground he could raise the arm closest to the ground, since the ghost system is already in the game it isn't unthinkable that Uke could predict which moves would allow him to save himself from getting dq'ed).

I think there should be a mode where uke basically used the games prediction to defend himself against getting disqualified rather than simply trying to attack the player. This would teach people how to attack as well as defend.

I imagine that there might be reasons for this idea being much harder than I think to program but I agree that uke needs more levels than just random starter attacks.
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
I think that multiple difficulty levels would be nice, so you could choose the move you want to defend against. There could also be different variants of each move type (a plethora of lift kicks and a multitude of shovels preinstalled to the game for us to counter would be just lovely in my opinion) and basic defensive AI in Uke (if he notices that he is upside own and is about to hit the ground he could raise the arm closest to the ground, since the ghost system is already in the game it isn't unthinkable that Uke could predict which moves would allow him to save himself from getting dq'ed).

I think there should be a mode where uke basically used the games prediction to defend himself against getting disqualified rather than simply trying to attack the player. This would teach people how to attack as well as defend.

I imagine that there might be reasons for this idea being much harder than I think to program but I agree that uke needs more levels than just random starter attacks.

Programming an AI that adapted would be much too difficult. You can't exactly make levels without the AI adapting to your moves. Try and make a set of moves that never change, and are "expert" in difficulty.

However, there should be a few options other than the random ones. For Akido, there should be options to practice against a uke using a basic decap opener, snap kick (dm kick), lift, ect. Moves that annoy people, and don't really need to be changed based on what the player does. Fight School could give you tips on how to counter each move.
Last edited by Laser; Dec 27, 2014 at 06:28 AM.
S A D B O Y S
It could be something like Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2. Where you play a few matches and it remembers your style of playing and then that style of playing will be ukes style of playing in other people's games.
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.
You realize you could just save replays from a match of each belt(if it's a good match.) edit the match then program uke to find the core of that play style...Every style belongs to a branch Strength,Strategist,Adapter etc...
#omegaatebooty k0hta'sfather static'sfirstdaddy
"You could just" doesn't quite capture how much effort this would require on humpa's part, I mean, Uke scanning through possibilities to find a position where he is unlikely to get DQ'ed is one thing, but actual player based fighting styles sounds kinda hard to do.
Good morning sweet princess
The only way I can see this working is if you keep the same uke program, maybe give 1 or 2 more moves and give him an extra advantage like instagib feet or make him heavier. Just somewhat each time give him more and more advantages.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18