Ranking
Original Post
Name change list
I think that there should be a list of people who have received name changes. Like the ban list. If people don't want their name to be displayed, they could tell the admin they send the TC too.
Not worth the effort. What will this benefit?
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
A large amount of unnecessary work for such an insignificant thing.
That's literally tens of thousands of players to catalogue
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Is it? It doesn't really seem like a lot of work. I'm not saying from name changes from the beginning of time. Starting from now, or a month ago.
Again, as people have pointed out, its a lot of work and it doesn't exactly achieve anything. Pretty sure there was a thread on this already, and the simple response was 'if you are getting a namechange and want people to know, then tell people you are getting a namechange beforehand'.

And yes, its a lot of people to catalogue, along with that extra little bit of useless work a staff member would have to do every single time someone gets a namechange.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
I'm sure a non-staff member could do it.
If someone wanted a name change they could send it to an admin. And the admin could relay it to me, for example. Then i could edit the thread that would contain the list.

Or, if someone wanted a name change they could send me the required TC and the name they want. I could add it to the list and relay the info to an admin.
That doesn't answer the question of 'what does this actually achieve?'

Yes, I see it being quite easily possible to get someone to maintain a thread. A lot of people do that daily. But in essence it seems like a next to useless thread. If I wanted to find out who someone namechanged from, eg zeus (from Origin), I would pm him to ask him what he namechanged from - just making a giant log of namechanges from a given point also means you are still leaving out all the other namechanges previous to that point, and what if someone wants to know about namechanged users from before that given point? They use the usual method of pm'ing someone.

To shorten my response, it doesn't seem practical or useful when there are other, less time using methods.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
I get what you're saying. But this is also similar to the list of all staff past and present, and also a bit similar to the ban list. It serves the purpose of keeping track of name changes.
What I thought this was was a list of possible name changes for people, not a huge list of possible names. But inactive names people have and don't use, I was wondering if the admins already had this.

Also, most of the time ideas run out of steam automatically if you want it "just to have it"
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource