ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Name change list
I think that there should be a list of people who have received name changes. Like the ban list. If people don't want their name to be displayed, they could tell the admin they send the TC too.
This seems slightly pointless tbh, but it wouldn't hurt to have. I think it would be a cool way of seeing what peoples past usernames were especially, but if people do truly think it's a "waste of time" especially the admins, then it's very unlikely to be implemented.
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I'm sure a non-staff member could do it.
If someone wanted a name change they could send it to an admin. And the admin could relay it to me, for example. Then i could edit the thread that would contain the list.

Or, if someone wanted a name change they could send me the required TC and the name they want. I could add it to the list and relay the info to an admin.

*cough* I don' see how it's a waste of time.
Last edited by Galaxy; Jan 25, 2015 at 07:38 AM.
I wasn't saying that I thought it was a waste of time, I was just saying people in general.
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I get what you're saying. But this is also similar to the list of all staff past and present, and also a bit similar to the ban list. It serves the purpose of keeping track of name changes.

It was 2011 or 2012 when admins completely stopped logging name changes they did so the only list that exists now was last edited several years ago (note that it also lacked lots of namechanges made even for that period).
Creating a list that'd be accurate an up-to-date would require more work than you thin and as it's main point to exist is "why not?" it's probably not going to happen. Some time ago ViperTech was coding a tool that was showing whether a certain user had a name change or not but it was scrapped and I'm not sure if it's ever going to be finished.

Nice idea but too much work. If we had all namechanges logged that wouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately we don't (unlike with the list of all staff where people actually paid time to add ex-members every now and then).
Could work like the staff list, where people say it when someone bought a namechange.
But it would be pretty useless.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This makes sense....
I mean, I don't really know when someone gets a name change.
Some people act like they are somebody else.

Supported
Like what was said before, if the people who got their name changed wanted you to know who they were they'd tell you, otherwise it's just a general thing that they keep to themselves.
If you want to know who someone was before a name change, ask them.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Yeah I support the name change idea. Espiecially after seeing all of the arguments about name changing, I can see more benefits then consequences.
As Triton said, this idea would be nice, but it's not exactly "needed".

Besides, some people don't want their name change to be out to the rest of the people; some people make name changes feel like identity changes.
Modo Bestia