Toribash
Original Post
Market bots are bs
So I went to the market and decided to edit a few prices. I had maybe three items that I changed and Frans mb was on the market.
And every time I bumped my item to the top of the list his bot I guess would edit his as well. So I went along with it for 5-6mins. I would keep bumping my items to see it the bot would stop or something. I started to figure out the cycle of items the bot would update. It would bump maybe like 14 items in the same cycle while I was trying to keep my 3 items at the top of the market.
I just find it shit that market bots are going to take over the market and its really not fair to the users that have to updated prices manually.
#INIT2WINIT
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Erm, so you try to argue that it's a fair competition when you allow bots vs humans on a market? Sure one could argue that everyone could just learn how to make one, but then I see little standing in the way of making an argument for stealing if you find both unmoral.

Add a delay to the market, 1 action per minute and see the bots die, or a human capcha to just ridden all of them. And slap on a 10% sale tax as-well to stop the money laundering.

1 minute delay. Wow, that's bad. Sometimes market says that i am to fast and i need to slow down. And this w/o a bot. To put 100 items on market would take u 100 minutes...for my 2000 items it would take 2000 min, that's 33 hrs...more then a day lol.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
As Valterain said, anyone can learn how to code. All it takes is around 1 month and a lot of patience.
When Fish released the API the market got split in to two groups, one which were either too lazy or impatient to make a bot with this information and the ones who used it or just didn't need it such as Thrandir and Insanity.

Most of you have complained about bots for more than 3-5 months now, in that time you could have made multiple bots.

Saying a market bot is 'unfair' is like saying factories are unfair. Sure you can take 5 hours to make the item or you can make an automated machine to do it for you.

It's funny because Insanity, one of the most well known market users has backed up bots and has even made a tutorial on them.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Alright, so they bump it and then the bot will bump theirs even lower. Bots never lose. What blows my mind is why it's allowed in the first place, it's completely unfair for anyone who isn't using scripts. I support making it against the rules to use bots.

^This.

This is making it so marketing is less and less of a skill and more just a mindless, automated sort of thing. Which doesn't make sense to me. Eventually someone is just going to come out with the most advanced market bot and there is going to be nothing that will be able to stop it, in which we will be left with an automated market that is inaccessible to anyone.

Remember, casual players play this game too, and not everyone who plays toribash is going to want to make a bot just to use the market effectively.
League of Legends NA: Locus
Then use the shop and stay off the market. Simple as that.
And having a bot requires skill. If u had the most advanced bot you still woulden't be able to shit with it because u have no knollege of the market.
I said from the begining that having bots is wrong...but anyway. no i have one and life is much easyer. I have changed my mind about them lately. I've made tons of profit with or without a bot in a with or without bot evirement. If u want to make money u can do it w/o a bot.
Last edited by Insanity; Mar 13, 2015 at 09:29 PM.
Pm me for deals
IMO market bot's are fine unless the market bot is broken and starts selling everything it has at 1TC that is lol as that would be economy breaking
Originally Posted by The7thVoid View Post
So I went to the market and decided to edit a few prices. I had maybe three items that I changed and Frans mb was on the market.
And every time I bumped my item to the top of the list his bot I guess would edit his as well. So I went along with it for 5-6mins. I would keep bumping my items to see it the bot would stop or something. I started to figure out the cycle of items the bot would update. It would bump maybe like 14 items in the same cycle while I was trying to keep my 3 items at the top of the market.

I would keep lowering the price of my item until the bot stops undercutting. You could possibly even get a 'steal' by doing this. If that were the case you'd have duplicates + best market price. No harm done, just good marketing. Heck you could even make a bot to do this!

I just find it shit that market bots are going to take over the market and its really not fair to the users that have to updated prices manually.

There are already limitations on the bots which seem pretty fair when you understand their potential without said limitations. I'd also add that they account for a huge majority of trades already (I'd guess well over 50%) so them 'taking over' is actually fulfilled in that aspect.

Also, anyone can implement a market bot. So the argument 'it's not fair' isn't really valid.

Originally Posted by Goat
Alright, so they bump it and then the bot will bump theirs even lower.

Refer to my previous statements.

Bots never lose.

In a bot vs bot scenario who wins?

What blows my mind is why it's allowed in the first place, it's completely unfair for anyone who isn't using scripts. I support making it against the rules to use bots.

Removing them would actually do more harm than good. Again they account for a HUGE percentage of the current buying/selling.
Last edited by marcus; Mar 14, 2015 at 08:24 PM.
[spirit]
Marcus almost made some valid points here:
1. Yeah, you can try undercutting, but the bot never looses any tc. Most likely u will loose some.
2. Glitches already happening. Like u put item on market, tc comes from 2 bots and only one of them gets the item. Taking over the market...that's possible, for one player to do it. if i had a bot that works like thrandirs bot i'd do it in a few months...he won't because he has a 2qi limit and a lot of lazy.
3. Would it be cool if i let my 15 pages of market items run for 24/7, bumping and bumping and bumping and so on forever?
4. As i said before, on a bot vs bot scenario, the ms and tsa loose, because they have to do all thouse glitched transactions...and one of the bots will pay for something and get nothing...
5. What harm will it do if u go back to the previous 8 yrs of market w/o bots. Imo a user can't get decent priced item from market anymore. It fucket the wole process of eqality up...

And i return to the point i made a few months ago.
What if u made a bot that makes u kick with more force then your opponent. That would be fair because anyone could do it, right? But then again, would it rlly be fair?
Pm me for deals
Allowing bots is pretty retarded.
It's just a way to make very wealthy users even wealthier while the rest gets screwed in the ass.
Note how you can use some of the arguments used in favour for using bots ingame as well.
“Everyone can do it, so how is it unfair?”
“Once allowed, bots would pose a majority of games played.”
“Bots are bad players, you can beat them easily”

Particularly the argument that bots are a great source of activity is idiotic.
There is good activity and irrelevant activity. A user who plays the game and uses the market is good activity. A bot which just does things automatically is irrelevant activity. Why is he irrelevant? Because that bot does not make Nabi any money.
Who does make Nabi money? The user you decide to fuck in the ass by allowing bots. I don't know the statistics, but I doubt the few users who use bots are those who bring in the most dosh.

The only valid reason to use a bot is that changing the price of items in the market takes ridiculously long.
Well, here is a suggestion: Get a dev to make the market less tedious to use.

Let people play this game fair and square. Marketing is part of the game. Why ruin it by allowing bots?

I have no idea why they are even legal. When I was msquad I used to permaban people who use bots.
Some fishy admin must have made a pretty dumb call.
Last edited by Redundant; Mar 15, 2015 at 08:51 PM.
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
Saying that the average user can just go about using bots like anyone else is beyond stupid.
Note how you can use some of the arguments used in favour for using bots ingame as well.
Everyone can do it, so how is it unfair?

Are you seriously suggesting that the difficulty of making an in game bot is even near the complexity of making a market bot?