Ranking
Original Post
Keyboard Tutorial
Hi everyone! Going by some of the posts that I've seen here, this is a tutorial that a lot of users need to read.

This tutorial will teach you how to use a keyboard.
Here is a picture of a 'Standard Windows Keyboard Layout,' aka "QWERTY".

It might be a bit different then the keyboard you have at home. I will give you a few minutes to check where all the buttons are.

Okay, ready? Off we go.

I bet you have asked yourself, "Why are those pretty colors in the picture?".
Well I'll explain.

As an example:
You might want to tell your fellow forum members how much you like apples, and that you have grown an apple tree in your own garden.

You could give us this information like this:
i like apples and i have grown an apple tree in my garden
- Wrong!

Next time you want to write a sentence think about the stoplight rule, Red Yellow Green!

Before starting you sentence, hold any of the two "Shift" buttons (Red) and type the first letter.
It's very important to let go of shift afterwards! Otherwise you get this:
I LIKE APPLES AND I HAVE GROWN AN APPLETREE IN MY GARDEN
- Even worse!

You can practice now by opening notepad and typing these words:
Cow
Beer
Goat
Socks
Pancakes

Get it? Okay, off to the next step.
When you end a sentence press; " . " (Yellow) This will let your fellow forum members know that your sentence has ended.

Now you should have:
I like apples and i have grown an apple tree in my garden. - Great!
(Okay, you should write i, names and countries with a big letter also, but that's something for a next lesson.)

Now you need to press either "Enter" or "Space" (Green) This will make some space between your sentences which makes it even more easy to read for your fellow forum members.

A note:
English is a nice language. It may be a bit difficult to know how to spell words. Nobody will say anything bad when you make a mistake. I'm sure I made a few in this tutorial myself. Just put a little bit more effort in your posts, it makes life for you and all of your fellow forum members a whole lot easier.

Some common grammatical errors, and how you can fix them!

Too and To

Too is used when there's an excess of something:
AzraelUK is too cool!

It's also used when you're using it to mean 'as well':
AzraelUK is amazing, and he's great at Garry's Mod too!

To is used in almost all other cases:
I drove the chevy to the levee but some bastard had pissed in it, so I sent a complaint to the International Levee Council.

I have an encyclopedia but it only goes from A to K, and I wanted to use it to look up what a loli is

Your and You're

Your is used when you are talking about something belonging to somebody:
Your fly is undone.

I'm not your bitch!

You're is used as a contraction of 'you are':
You're funny.

You're stupid, as evidenced by your lack of punctuation and capitalisation.

So remember, if it could be 'you are', then use 'you're', if not then go for 'your'.

Thank you for reading this tutorial and I hope I'll see you next time.

Special thanks to l3ulletje and AzraelUK if the wiremod.com forums.
Last edited by Lapsus; Feb 19, 2009 at 03:17 AM.
<+veb> dude___________________._____________________<hampa> the hosting center decided to raise the price
<+veb> I am to durnk to pu6t in the wriute commmand lol ___<hampa> and we only run irc on this machine which is a bit of a waste
<+veb> and u suxc u cant od it gfro me ______|______._____<Lapsus> How much power is behind the IRC server?
<+veb> ;oml?________________________________________<hampa> it is like delivering pizza using an airplane
Lol. I think this should prove very useful for a lot of forum members. Good job!
(I tried very hard with my grammar just then. )
Bloxam: TBH...
Bloxam: i like boys more than girls
Dr_NoXious: i see
Dr_NoXious: is now Offline.
Excellent, I learnt how to type because of you, Lapsus.

I especially liked the "Your" and "You're" section, will have to show this to Momo. ;oo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<@Opeth> No, they should get the worst texturer
* @Opeth suggests <censored>
<@hanz0> good suggestion
<@Opeth> I don't understand how you can make textures for so long and not improve in the slightest
<@hanz0> it is because his learning curve is more of a learning horizontal line
OMG I <3 YOU!

That was pretty epic.

So true....

+rep
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by Opeth View Post
Excellent, I learnt how to type because of you, Lapsus.

I especially liked the "Your" and "You're" section, will have to show this to Momo. ;oo

Your gay, Opeth DDD

[RAWR]
========ROYALRAINBOW========
All the Facepunch/GMod users are jerks, I suppose they're the kind of people that make these 'tutorials'. 8D
i maek sites lol - expect us
11th Dan Black Belt