Toribash
Original Post
TORIBASH for Japanese market
Hi guys,
I am a bit familiar with the Japanese culture , likes and dislikes from an insider standpoint, and I would like to suggest that NABI translates the toribash client fully to japanese. They could use a separate server, but I think that will be needed when there are enough players.

The looks of the game, the colors, the idea of it, simply everything will appeal their market. You shall gain both larger toribash fan base, and more financial gain. I see the development of this game in Asian countries.
"Weird T-posed ragdolls tear each other to pieces in moon gravity"... Tonakai
Fonts would need a major update since they don't have basic unicode, let alone a full set of symbols for other languages

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Fonts would need a major update since they don't have basic unicode, let alone a full set of symbols for other languages

Do we really need to use that font though?
Just take a similar font which supports kana. (Basic type in Japan, saved you some google time).
Idk if it's a copyright issue, but it would save a lot of time. You don't need to invent a new font just to support a different language, am i right?
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Do we really need to use that font though?
Just take a similar font which supports kana. (Basic type in Japan, saved you some google time).
Idk if it's a copyright issue, but it would save a lot of time. You don't need to invent a new font just to support a different language, am i right?

The font's converted to bitmap textures during runtime so it's in the best interests of users that a single font is used for all languages, otherwise it'd eat even more VRAM than it already does.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
The font's converted to bitmap textures during runtime so it's in the best interests of users that a single font is used for all languages, otherwise it'd eat even more VRAM than it already does.

Who cares? I can run like 5 Toribash's high resolution, max settings, simultaneously with solid 60fps each.

That is, on my PC. Without overclock. If overclocked, would probably easy do 6.
Why are you so mad on the requirements all the time? They're handable.
Originally Posted by Diatie View Post
Maybe some people don't have that good of a computer.

Depends. In Europe or US that's probably not very likely. If it lags, you can remove ray tracing and do with only shaders. It still looks decent with just shaders.
I'm afraid not everyone in the developed world has a gaming computer, jsnuffmars. I use a laptop. And it does not have a graphics card in it. It uses integrated graphics. I can't use shaders or my laptop will overheat and shut off, plus the fps goes down to about 4. This case is not uncommon, so worrying about computer specs is always a real issue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anyway, Japan is a good market,
for the start, just upload the same famous toribash videos with Japanese language tags.
"Weird T-posed ragdolls tear each other to pieces in moon gravity"... Tonakai