Toribash
Original Post
[Scam Idea]Middle Man for Trading/Selling/Buying TC
So heard people are getting scammed from buying tc.
Since some mods are online alot, why not make a middle man.
Okay since admins/mods can access to accounts if needed.
TC will be sent first.
How we are going to do it:
We got a: [S]eller [B]uyer [M]iddle Man
[S]eller: TC [B]uyer: $$
Since TC can be transferred back or something so yeah.
[S] sells [B] tc for $$
[M] will negotiate for [S] & [B]
[S] will have to send tc first since [M] would have to be a mod/admin that can access accounts and ban for scamming.
Once [S] has sent TC,[M] has to check, and once [M] confirms it has been sent.
[S] will have to send the money. If fails to do so, ip ban for trying to scam.
If [S] sent money, then it works. Deals done.
----
But there's a problem. What if [B] lies that [S] didn't send?
Needs to take a Screen Shot of the transaction to confirm.
If it takes about 15-20 mins or more. Than there's something wrong.
----
Another Idea is that [S] sends money to [M].
Once [B] has sent money to [S]. The [M] can send TC to [B] once it is confirmed that [B] has given the money.
:) "We are happy that Vox is gone = Corrupt and Abusive. He Deserves it." -Toribash Community
the more elements in chain the more complicated it becomes, and the harder it become to monitor. i'd rather forbid tc trading at all and keep the only legal way to buy tc for real money is from nabi torishop.
maybe some webform will solve this.
example uke wanna buy 10000 tc for 1.59 usd from tori
so uke and tori closing this price in chat.
then uke goes to webform, chose person (tori),chose buy/sell (buy), chose amount (1.59), and confirms
after confirm tori can found in this webform pending request from uke
so tori goes to webform -> pending requests -> chose pending request (from uke), chose confirm, chose charge request with required amount, moving 10000 tc (manually) to webform, <| here webform checked that charged amount = required amount |> chose finalize request. If uke doesnt cancelled request untill now will happened next:

first step: tc from tori moves to webform , usd from uke moves to webform
second step: tc from webform moves to uke , usd from webform moves to tori

*of course it must be commision
*time to involve BitCoins in toribash for trading/buying tc/and more
Or people who need tc could simply contact well known tc sellers like Jire, missuse or me
buying items with usd
Originally Posted by ArrowBasse View Post
Or people who need tc could simply contact well known tc sellers like Jire, missuse or me

Or Shmevin.

Anyways, there is a reason why they don't support this anymore. It's too easy to scam others or take advantage of the system by simply faking a scam and receiving tc from TSA.
Even the largest gaming platform for the personal computer, steam, does not support game items for PayPal trade.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is ridiculous, just buy tc's from trust-worthy sellers and you'll be alright.

Also, Shmevin, what you said makes no sense at all. How can you possibly fake a scam? I've been in this business for more than four years and haven't seen a single scammer that got away without getting banned. Let's say you'll pretend that you've sent the money, but haven't received the tc's... You'll need to prove that by showing your transaction history and if you will, the seller will easily prove that he haven't sent the money and that will get you banned. Or...You will ask for the tc's first and won't send the money, the guy will show his transaction history to prove that he haven't received the tc and then you will be asked to show yours to prove that you've sent the money, if you won't, you'll get banned. Simple as that. I have no idea why such scams are no longer supported...I've been involved into like five major scams and they were easily dealt with, I got refunded and the scammers were banned. I don't really understand what's the point of moderators if they are too lazy to take care of scammers that are going around, making easy profit.
Last edited by Kristis133; Dec 20, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

I don't think anything should be changed, especially bringing a third party into it. The rules state pretty clearly that it isn't something supported, and the mods wont help if you get scammed. And really, the person most at risk is the TC seller. Sending money through paypal as a gift makes it easy to buy tc, send the money, then stop the transaction afterwards (or at least it used to be).

Buy TC at your own risk, from trustworthy people (just ask around). Buyer beware, seller beware too. Or don't think at all, just trust the guy with the most rainbows.
If people were just to ensure that the TC side of the transaction was completed before the USD side it wouldn't cause any major problems. Speaking from past experience it isn't difficult to track down the offending parties reverse the TC transfer and ban the account. Obviously this puts the seller at risk, but it's 100% reversible and fixable, where as if the transfer of USD is involved in a botched deal it adds a whole lot of complications and difficulty.

Completely not supporting the sale of TC is a bad move on the part of the staff and honestly one I was shocked to see. If they were to enforce stricter guidelines upon it, like I described above, it wouldn't be difficult to manage.

This is breaking the trust TC sellers have with the staff and pushing the value of TC up sky high because users are forced to pay the official prices from Nabi. Yet with the amount of TC still in circulation the inflation issue isn't going to fix, making it even more difficult for new players to get mid - high tier priced items.

Regarding OP's idea, it would be far too time consuming for the staff to play the middle man in every TC trade. It just isn't practical.
Last edited by Fee; Dec 21, 2012 at 01:00 AM.
A man in the middle is (as said) not feasible.

There are reasons why I came up with the no-support rule, specially with an eye at the scams over the last time.
I.E. if you pay with USD but seller don't sent tc/move tc/duel with that tc or whatsoever it ends up with generating new tc in case that seller tc is gone by duels etc. (tbh we cannot strip that from other users if they won it at a legal duel from their side of view)

Getting proof of external real money transactions is also not always that easy. With i.E. webmoney terminal and similar you don't have always hard proof to show up (unless you take a pic with mobile of it )

Anyway, you are still able to buy money from the shop (also never forget that u support the game with it!) beside lots of other options to make tc (boosters, tourneys, marketing, art etc.), so even beginners are able to collect tc w/o buying them externally.

Take a look at other games which have some kind of transferable ingame currencies. Most of that companies don't support external sales or completly disallow it with strict rules and a complete ban if you get catched.

Second Life in example also don't give any support on sales/buyings outside of their own shop:

Second Life ToS

or World of Warcraft as 2nd example:

WoW ToS

..and there are many more with similar restrictions for their virtual currencies.
Check my Soundcloud ;)
Originally Posted by ViperTech View Post
A man in the middle is (as said) not feasible.

There are reasons why I came up with the no-support rule, specially with an eye at the scams over the last time.
I.E. if you pay with USD but seller don't sent tc/move tc/duel with that tc or whatsoever it ends up with generating new tc in case that seller tc is gone by duels etc. (tbh we cannot strip that from other users if they won it at a legal duel from their side of view)

Getting proof of external real money transactions is also not always that easy. With i.E. webmoney terminal and similar you don't have always hard proof to show up (unless you take a pic with mobile of it )

Anyway, you are still able to buy money from the shop (also never forget that u support the game with it!) beside lots of other options to make tc (boosters, tourneys, marketing, art etc.), so even beginners are able to collect tc w/o buying them externally.

Take a look at other games which have some kind of transferable ingame currencies. Most of that companies don't support external sales or completly disallow it with strict rules and a complete ban if you get catched.

Second Life in example also don't give any support on sales/buyings outside of their own shop:

Second Life ToS

or World of Warcraft as 2nd example:

WoW ToS

..and there are many more with similar restrictions for their virtual currencies.

As the matter of fact, the duel wouldn't count if he used tc's that doesn't belong to him anymore. It was always like that and the same happened to me not that long ago. Your reasons in MY opinion are just silly.

Also, don't want me to make a list of games that accepts external sales and deals with scammers just fine.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.