Toribash
Original Post
Stop randomly changing prices of items PLS
It rlly bothers me that whoever is in charge of priceing does a shitty job.
Sometimes items dont have a price and the suddently they are 5k on shop.
Sometimes items like jiyu dreads were 60k then they get to be like 15k in shop.
Exclussibe event items get put in shop sometimes. Not cool.
Pls stop doing this kind of bullshit and just set a price that sticks with the item forever!
I dislike this randomness in priceing. Just make up you mind and roll with it. Do discounts but don't change prices like that.

Its not fair for buyers or for sellers.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
I agree. Many times have I held onto rare items because, well, they were rare and expensive, only for them to be made worthless, cat ears is a perfect example.

There's so many items on Toribash that haven't been released properly, why ruin these exclusive items with no warning?
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
It rlly bothers me that whoever is in charge of priceing does a shitty job.
Sometimes items dont have a price and the suddently they are 5k on shop.
Sometimes items like jiyu dreads were 60k then they get to be like 15k in shop.
Exclussibe event items get put in shop sometimes. Not cool.
Pls stop doing this kind of bullshit and just set a price that sticks with the item forever!
I dislike this randomness in priceing. Just make up you mind and roll with it. Do discounts but don't change prices like that.

Its not fair for buyers or for sellers.

Well, it is a bit disgusting if those prices are changing multiple times in a certain time, if it is short. Now, it isn't fair in some point for buyers and sellers, that's ok, but in some cases it helps to control the market prices, if the ítem isn't worth a lot and it need a real price.

Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
I agree. Many times have I held onto rare items because, well, they were rare and expensive, only for them to be made worthless, cat ears is a perfect example.

There's so many items on Toribash that haven't been released properly, why ruin these exclusive items with no warning?

Well, some rare items are/were really expensive in some time but, ¿the market really needs stupid expensive items?, as you said, Cat ears is a good example of the price change but, if you ser them as an item, it's just an hair style, it's cool but it's just an hair style, ¿why not gave it a real and fair price?. Some items were expensive but just for being EXTREMELY rare, like the toriteam stuff before the re-release, some changes aren't unfair, some new prices are good and helps the market pricing.
-----
Well, ^ this is longer than i've spected (i wanna say the joke but this isn't a wibble forum, halp ;_;)
Last edited by l0lix; Sep 4, 2019 at 10:20 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
Originally Posted by l0lix View Post
Well, some rare items are/were really expensive in some time but, ¿the market really needs stupid expensive items?, as you said, Cat ears is a good example of the price change but, if you ser them as an item, it's just an hair style, it's cool but it's just an hair style, ¿why not gave it a real and fair price?. Some items were expensive but just for being EXTREMELY rare, like the toriteam stuff before the re-release, some changes aren't unfair, some new prices are good and helps the market pricing.

The issue is this game has almost no expensive items, which gives nobody a real reason to have more than 500k tc at a time, because NOTHING is worth more than that, and the items that are, are quite frankly garbage and have no demand.

What i'm saying is for someone like me, there's absolutely no reason to have TC other than to sell it, cheap items is only good for the bad / new players who can't get TC as easily.
bro you think that making every 3d item that costs more than 20k worth literally nothing is a bad idea? look at how well it worked out! idiuot
I was sayin to price it from the begining. Do no lead us to think that someting is rare and then make it 5k. Make it worthless from the begining. Exactly as the tori team items, cat ears and a bunch of other items. Either price or don't.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
I was about to make a post about this, the worst happens when "ST limited edition items" are on the torishop for TC, and even permanently, and not for a limited time with an unreasonably high price as Torishop has to be. When the shop prices compete with the market you know the item is going to be worthless.
This topic has been discussed so many times and staff who have power over such decisions only mock those who have actual problem with how market is being handled.

One more issue is that is not mentioned here is old exclusive items being prizes in newer events. For example, Slingshot was an exclusive 3 of a kind item for at least a year, and now there are 35 of them. Shit like this kills the price instantly, not to mention how one might feel after learning that an item, which they once fought hard to get in some event, is now available for less than 40k on market.

The idea of "every item should be accessible to everyone" is going to kill this economy eventually, so I'd suggest just getting rid of any "limited" items that you own asap. Marketing rare items has become a game of hot potato where you have to pass it along as fast as possible to not get fucked over by price changes and "sales".
Last edited by Smaguris; Sep 6, 2019 at 06:20 PM. Reason: typo
The thing to do here is to stop bringing back "special items" trough events/torishop because that's what makes them less special. If there's any need of an event prize, you choose torishop stuff or create another special item, if you can't have an special item, then don't force another event's prize there.

Not everything is wrong right now, because there's the mod mania event with its own items, there's the free run frenzy with the Fez, and even the HOTM stuff, but you need to keep that direction.

I understand sometimes the shop price needs to be lowered like when 512x textures were introduced, but when there's no logic in there other than "we can't create that many items so we should use whatever we have in the bag" is unacceptable. Remember when 'new ST' items were untradable and cheap so new people could afford it? Then the Tf2 items appeared, items were tradable and prices went to hell... Totally unreasonable.