Toribash
Original Post
[TU] Texturing Unlocked
Texturing Unlocked

Texturing Unlocked is designed for experienced texture artists to share ideas and methods for creating and pushing forward the texturing community.

Members
13chillz
nv5502u
killppl

Rules
Minimize useless posting
Be respectful of other people's art
Return valuable criticism and try to cnc often

Application
Program of choice:
Preferred style:
Tablet (y/n) :
2 examples of your best textures (preferably one head, one set) :

Example

This org is mostly for experienced artists so in the beginning I may be strict on applications, later I may open it up a bit. I have some other things planned for this org later on.

Notes: I don't want this org to be an extension of the art board.

...More to come...
Last edited by 13chillz; Mar 6, 2014 at 11:12 PM.
Nice looking Organization, Chillz! It's too bad I don't really texture :/

Anyways, good luck!
| [AC] | Replays | Order of Taekkyon |
Application
How long have you been texturing:8 months
Program of choice:photoshop cc
Preferred style:realistic/cartoon
Tablet (y/n) :yes
2 examples of your best textures (preferably one head, one set) : I currently have not finished a set worth sharing

examples

I still take texture requests for usd
@killppl
short answer: yes

long answer: under the condition that you will polish your textures more, a lot of times I see you doing the first half fairly well, then you either get tired of making the texture or you don't realize that finishing the texture takes just as long or longer than getting all the proportions correct and getting to where that grandpa head is.

On the Medusa head your highlight color on the snakes looks really washed out. There could have been a better use of shadows in order to get the snakes to come off the head more, and right now some of them look like they are pasted to the sphere. but clever use of shadows would be able to trick the eye and bring the snakes off the head in certain angles. -as a sidenote on this head i think 2 or 3x of snakes would have made a far better impression even though it would have required more work.

The mapping on the back of the head where the snake is going into the neck joint is just killing me. why make art if you are just going to place it in the neck joint? and the circle highlighting the neck joint on the old man idk what that is for..

Overall I said yes because I know there is potential hiding in there somewhere. I really want to see you make a texture that you enjoy making and actually put your heart into it rather than going after the TC, and stopping when your customer would be satisfied.

I would still like to see your set to see where you are in that part of texturing.

//here im going to say what i would hold myself accountable for when making a texture, so hopefully i can push some people towards their potential.
Last edited by 13chillz; Mar 7, 2014 at 07:58 AM.
i can agree wiith everything youve said my main problem and this goes for everything i do is if i lose intrest in something i dont have a strong motivation to do my best
~~~~
also im currently working on a set for someone i will post pictures of it here when i can
Last edited by Calamity; Mar 7, 2014 at 03:33 PM.
I still take texture requests for usd