Ranking
When Monobi mentioned somewhere on the forums that TTM plans something to improve the overall texture standarts I naively thought that they will, for example, draw more good textures thus raising the bar and motivating people to draw better. And by setting prices on their (possibly better) sets regulate the market.
But “appraising”...
Very sad.
Last edited by Thearael; May 8, 2009 at 12:42 AM.
Right, because we can all suddenly find the time to start producing sets en masse.
And do you think that even if we did do that, that it would help? It'd do nothing but cause the more wealthy users to purchase the sets and sell them at a profit. And don't even try telling me that we could produce sets faster than they could be purchased and resold at a profit.

If you would like to try to raise texture standards, you feel free to do that. TTM is a very busy group. We do what we can. By posting the price which we feel a set is worth along with criticism and advice, we are aiming to both help the artist improve and influence a customer's possibly uninformed opinion of the set.

As far as the post you linked, we've already noted that post and have spoken about it.
Last edited by hanz0; May 8, 2009 at 01:09 AM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Well summed up, You guys have been really busy every where I look there is advice on threads that need it and threads that don't are being approved. This a well thought out plan and so far is being implemented very well. Nice one
im new here so i cant really say how much Purger is worth.
but can you guys post how much my thing is and his on the same post please?

Tribal Heart:

Tribal:

crazed:
Last edited by PyroPivot; May 8, 2009 at 09:20 AM.
joonveen: that set is really not my type but has neatly cut shapes.I like the foot the most.

PyroPivot:
50-200 tc.
KONY 2012
hmmm
joon: i reckon u hit that thing to 70/80k
hasnt been sold befor, not a massivly over produced style, its more technical than robotic
and fits well with your series
and well presented

pyro: 200tc each

Originally Posted by Thearael View Post
When Monobi mentioned somewhere on the forums that TTM plans something to improve the overall texture standarts I naively thought that they will, for example, draw more good textures thus raising the bar and motivating people to draw better. And by setting prices on their (possibly better) sets regulate the market.
But “appraising”...
Very sad.

we are not forcing our prices down on people
we aim to advise the pricing process, the number of overpriced textures is getting out of hand

we tried motivation, worked for a handfull of people
this is now just formalising the process that was already in place
if we thought prices were too high, we would say so, and people would look, and agree
this just makes it more effecient
Last edited by BenDover; May 8, 2009 at 02:43 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-