Ranking
Original Post
Losing faith in the replay board.
I'm having a problem. You may notice that I'm not posting as many replays as I used to be. This is largely because I don't feel that they are being as appreciated as they used to be. I used to get a lot of comments for my replays, and it seemed everyone would leave a small comment. Now, my replays will get nearly twenty views, but only one or two people comment. I just wish more people would leave little compliments, it makes me proud of what I do. Are any other replay makers having this problem?

suomynona would like to note:
I'm tired of people saying "The world doesn't revolve around you."
That is, if I see anymore, I will BAN you
No warning, no infraction. Just a nice 1 day ban to go with your useless flaming.
This is here so you can't go "Oh but I didn't know that".
Last edited by suomynona; Jan 3, 2010 at 04:47 PM.
[T] ~~~~~> [Tigma] <~~~~~ [Sigma]
You should totally join my fanclub.
Ive posted about five threads in the replay board, the replays got about 2 views, and no one commented.

stop bitching.
It should revolve around the great replay makers, however, and HV is certainly one of the best and most destructive replay makers on this forum. Nuthug has left, partly for the reasons stated here. If you want the replay makers to stay, they should be treated well.
infamous
I'm sure 90% of the problem is people too lazy to look for a good thread, download the replay, open toribash, then load the replay. Making a bunch of replays, then putting them in a video (not an art video, just a few replays) would get you more comments.
the god
BAWMOAR!

Seriously, no offense, but this isn't really something worth complaining over. I can only imagine the number of "great" replays that have gone completely unnoticed on the replays board. I know personally just about every time I have made a thread that I thought had good stuff in it, it either dies with two comments from people I have never heard of, or it only gets comments after I bump it with more replays...if it gets commented at all.

The fact is, even if you are nuthug, they're just replays and you wont always get all the praise you feel you deserve for them for any number of reasons, the main one being that nobody is as interested in the things you do more anywhere near as much as you are, plus fuck, its a video game man, people come here for fun, not to tell you you are awesome. If that is why you stick around though, you may as well just leave. Until they come up with some system where the game itself will some how strokes your ego for doing good in SP (think achievements based on it, which seems highly unlikely to ever happen) then you will just have to put up with it like the rest of us and be happy that anyone at all stops to look at what you make.

Honestly making threads about is probably not the best way to go about things, as now I want even less to take five minutes out of my life to tell you you did a good job. Sorry if I sound harsh, but really man, bawmoar.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by RicH View Post
The world doesn't revolve around you.

Wow, you are a negative person. You also do not help in any situation.

My advice is to just keep making them if you like doing it, perhaps you should quit if you do not.
Agreeing with raydark if you enjoy doing them keep on so,
If you post them and one person comments take the positive of that rather than the negative of ''not enough comments''
Artist • Shop
I used to have a replay thread, (holy shit way back more than a year) and when I got comments, they were nice and detailed (thank you so much archlurps), it always made me feel good.

Then people starting paying attention to my replays, but stop giving a fuck to comment, so I usually also got 10 views but just 1-2 comments.

Take a look at Rutzor (o7): He posted a replay, 1 day later it had mostly like 70+ views, but just 10+- comments, see the parallelism? Even guys like Rutz don't get so much attention as they actually should, technically.

tl;dr version: People are lazy and suck balls.