Ranking
Original Post
[Tex] Steampunk robot
Steampunk robot thing for the HTotM event.

Flat

Sphere

Programs used: Gimp.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
welp, here ya go guys. You know who'll win. Lol jk

Damn, it so good. Realistic shit ftw. It looks like a golem head to me, like a buffed up tank.
Give me toriprime and VIP ops. TY TY
dang o.o nice to see you makin a head now :>
i am not fan of one eye robot, and this doesn't show that it is an eye tho
do you see that glowing circle on back? you would do 2 of it on front or something.
anyways, why did you the bottom part, it is useless and not appearing xD
also, there are some parts not clear.

red marked

I am Back :>
Feel free to pm me about any Art request.
a wild jusmi appears
Prefacing this by saying its pretty damned awesome. not much to critique on the design or technicals, cant really fault any of that, subtle and well executed work.

but in concept its not steampunky enough for me, its too clean, too clinical, too much emphasis on futuristic sci-fi and not enough on the 19th century victorian era or whatever, if that makes sense.

will probably win anyway though.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
welp, here ya go guys. You know who'll win. Lol jk

Damn, it so good. Realistic shit ftw. It looks like a golem head to me, like a buffed up tank.

Kinda what i was going for, thanks!

Originally Posted by 00Assassin00 View Post
dang o.o nice to see you makin a head now :>
i am not fan of one eye robot, and this doesn't show that it is an eye tho
do you see that glowing circle on back? you would do 2 of it on front or something.
anyways, why did you the bottom part, it is useless and not appearing xD
also, there are some parts not clear.

red marked

I like the idea of one eye, kinda my favorite. And i always paint the bottom part, as i don't really texture anymore, so i tend to use the full canvas. Also those pixels are probably due to gimps sphere mapping.

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
a wild jusmi appears
Prefacing this by saying its pretty damned awesome. not much to critique on the design or technicals, cant really fault any of that, subtle and well executed work.

but in concept its not steampunky enough for me, its too clean, too clinical, too much emphasis on futuristic sci-fi and not enough on the 19th century victorian era or whatever, if that makes sense.

will probably win anyway though.

I agree it isn't super steampunky. Maybe cyber steampunk. I'm not too good with themes, as i tend to go with what looks cool and what works rather than what the assigned theme is \o\
Done with this community, you guys suck.
This is a great texture, I wish you luck in the contest. I have a funny way of perceiving these things, and wearing this head I would even invert it as it looks kind of like a robotic ape, or some such creature, which I really enjoy and takes away from the empty feel of a single eye as is the front now.

Random thought there
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits