Toribash
Original Post
Mfn uhh macintosh bad (i need help bruv)
Ok so I just got that 5.5 update on steam. and now i basically don't have access to playing tb.
lemme explain.
i have a mid 2010 MacBook pro and it was never updated completely because of this one issue.
I am currently sitting on Mac Os Sierra (ver 10.12.6) i need to upgrade to my final doable upgrade Mac Os High Sierra.

Now the problem.

Through OFFICIAL channels. Apple only has the 10.13.6 update available for download.
but my computer is not allowing me to jump to that update unless i download 10.13 first.

So im in a predicament. In no official channel can i download 10.13 only. So I'm seriously asking for help for a link to the OG 10.13 high sierra link. or a legit and safe link to just download it. Im not bringing down my tb version. i was in that hole for 4 years. and that shit apple posted about downloading other update versions is gargle to me since the link they provide leads only to 10.13.6
Ily <3
Try “ You can force the softwareupdate tool to use Apple's servers by issuing the following command in Terminal: sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog (may require 10.12) and that should allow the App Store to download the full installer.” Maybe
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Link View Post
Try “ You can force the softwareupdate tool to use Apple's servers by issuing the following command in Terminal: sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog (may require 10.12) and that should allow the App Store to download the full installer.” Maybe

This was something really cool you just told me how to do. however, after messing around with that command and others i end up getting the message "no new software available" repeatedly.

kinda worried that my mac can't actually update anymore than it is (even though its supposed to be able to).

ty for the input but that doesn't seem to work
Ily <3
Dang. Sorry man. I dont know of any other “safe” download links.

That method has been in use for awhile, so macintosh might have patched it. Though, Best of luck o7
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250503284
Have you tried this one?

ty sir. that has currently led me to a hole where every update for sierra and high sierra are.

I have to download multiple updates to see if any of them work. Ill get back to say if it worked
-----
resolved

ok so after fiddling around with my mac for 2 days i just got the solution.
install the os from the App Store. make sure it is the 10.13.6 reg not combo.
now after installing it will not allow you to actually complete the download so heres what you do.

restart your computer. once the turns off completely, hold option-command-r
this enables OS Recovery mode. In there there should be 4 options. One of them is called "OS recovery"
what this does is update your mac to the newest OS thats applicable to it, forcibly.
from there you simply wait until the update is complete.
My mac got stuck on the white apple loading screen once the update was complete. but for that, just turn off the power then turn it back on.

Ty Link and Sir <3
Last edited by nine; Dec 27, 2020 at 12:38 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Ily <3