Toribash
Original Post
Farthest Head Kick
I was just messing around with a replay I made by observing that far Decap that Rfifan did and trying to replicate it (I wasn't trying to make that record but higher for clarification I was just messing around) but I accidentally yeeted uke's head really far. I think it might be a new record because I've never seen anyone kick uke's head that far. Sorry if someone already beat that but I did search and not find. so yeah here
Attached Files
yellows_space_head.rpl (49.5 KB, 12 views)
Taking other people's replays and editing them is not allowed for records, not to mention "farthest head kick" would probably not be accepted as a record for other reasons (not very easy to measure accurately).
oh yeah
Clarification
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
Taking other people's replays and editing them is not allowed for records, not to mention "farthest head kick" would probably not be accepted as a record for other reasons (not very easy to measure accurately).

I didn't take the replay and edit it, I tried to recreate it in free play (if you look at the replay you can tell I did a few things differently because perfectly replicating it would be sketchy)
but I did make that all myself by watching his replay. Although, the other part makes no sense to me because you can measure the highest head throw so I would think it would be possible. But I don't know, you would know more than me
Last edited by DamseyDoo; Aug 31, 2020 at 03:29 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention something
You must have done a great job imitating Rfifan then, the replays looked exactly the same in notepad for the first twenty so frames

Height is measured with the /am 1 command which gives you the height of the highest body part
oh yeah
A bit of confusion
You must have done a great job imitating Rfifan then, the replays looked exactly the same in notepad for the first twenty so frames

Height is measured with the /am 1 command which gives you the height of the highest body part

On that first paragraph, im confused. You sound almost like you don't believe me because it's the same. I did spend ages trying to perfect it down to the frame so that's why it's so similar, although it is different after a bit and I was still trynna perfect it for a bit just for fun and then boom I tested his head and it was cool.

On a side note, I understand now that measuring would be very hard but I would think if you overlayed to GIFs of replays in the same camera position you could get an idea maybe but I don't know. Thanks for replying anyway and I understand now that it couldn't be a record
Im just messing with you, I don't really care if you copied Rfifan or not.

Overlaying two videos would be very difficult because the camera position would have to be exactly the same for both recordings, which is essentially impossible to achieve consistently.
We did have a script that overlaid a ruler on the ground along the Y axis, but it doesn't work anymore (seems to be incompatible with newer versions of TB).
I can imagine a script that would tell the Y position value of the furthest body part. But unless a scripter wants to lend their efforts to this, we'll keep measuring distance records with engage distance, using Uke's position as the reference.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by DamseyDoo View Post
On a side note, I understand now that measuring would be very hard but I would think if you overlayed to GIFs of replays in the same camera position you could get an idea maybe but I don't know. Thanks for replying anyway and I understand now that it couldn't be a record

Overlaying two videos would be very difficult because the camera position would have to be exactly the same for both recordings, which is essentially impossible to achieve consistently.

This could be done real easily by using the same keyframes(they save with the replay at the very bottom and you can just paste them in).

I don't think this is a very good record though
until there is an accurate and accessible way to measure something like this, I don't see this being a record ever..

closing
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020