Toribash
Original Post
Multiple 'rings' in servers. (reduce wait time)
This idea is quite simple really, depends on how the servers are built however.
- More than one fight going on at once in for example a Mushu server where round times are sometimes quite long
- This would be like multiple 'rings' and would only kick in when the server hits over like 6 or 8 people in it.

Key Points too High Light in this Idea

This would allow for more than one match happening in a public Mushu server for example, instead of having huge wait times, we have 4 people fighting 2 separate matches.

However this may not be necessary for mods like judo and jousting where the rounds move really fast already.

Game already is not very graphics intensive, doubling up in some public servers that have higher usage like 6 or 8 people would be possible and would justify people who are ADD and hate waiting.

Right now I'm waiting in lobby, when it would move double speed if this was a feature that auto kicked in, when necessary.

Just an idea .

Env11
-----
Just reviewing some points on here.

This would be more difficult if said person playing has multiple particles.

So if this were too happen there would have too be a standard graphics limit put in place too justify this bottleneck.

Another thing is the camera angle for each ring, ideally the rings would be right beside each other and zooming out would work just fine, however if "q" and "e" were too be used too strafe left and right on the camera system this would eliminate that bottleneck.

Env11
Last edited by Env11; Dec 14, 2016 at 11:13 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Nice idea, but I think it will be better if you could SP during you're waiting your turn.
Also if we'll be able to MP during the wait, it will be cool if we could switch ring (but you could see only one ring per time).
The graphism will be shitty if you could see the both rings 1 and 2 at the same time.
This just seems like a 4v4, from what I heard its really laggy cuz of all the physics n shit that needs to be rendered.

Neat idea. tho

Unsupported
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
I'm in two minds about if this could work on some level.

Having more than 1 match visible on the screen would actually be a lot harder on GPUs than you'd think - specifically VRAM. 4 sets of 512 textures would eat up a lot more than you'd think, when that happens Toris become invisible... No joke, it was a common issue years ago with 128mb cards back when we only had a handful of low resolution textures. Odds are you could probably recreate it on a 512mb GPU if you had the visuals turned up.
Add the ghost prediction physics for 4 toris and yeah, it'll increase the required specs for the game quite dramatically.
Lets be honest, no one's going to play with everything visual turned off.

Granted there's a lot of people with hardware that could do it without an issue, but there's a lot more playing on crappy laptops & ancient desktops.

Doesn't sound good eh?

But what if the matches had tabs to chose which match to spectate? Hell, make the tabs dynamic by having them display "PERSON1 vs PERSON2" as a label, and slap the scores, frame info etc under; it could work quite well.

It'd be a major game breaking change, so older clients would be screwed - once again hitting a lot more people than you'd think. Typically big changes like this would only happen on major releases.

OFC it all falls down to the devs, and what they think about it. Personally I wouldn't fancy having an engine change like that land on me.
Either way it'd make big rooms more attractive instead of people looking for the low to mid sized ones for the shorter queues.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Having multiple "rooms" within a room to change between matches sounds like a fantastic idea. I'd love for this thread to get more attention.

Decreasing wait times definitely couldn't hurt anyone. That's the reason I hardly open the game now.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Yeah I agree with the points you all are making, however.

That issue could be mitigated by creating tabs but only one set is visible at a time, understanding the concern of the GPU, wouldn't doing this segregate the GPU load, in return reduce wait times?

However, even if this bottlenecked legacy GPU's this would only kick in after 7+ players are in the server (cutting the client-side affect in half), at which point the server would send out an optional invite to join a server that has less than 7 players so their PC can perform better. If they are playing with a friend, there should be a party system where the party can move together.

If not, totally understood with the GPU load, but we should run a game wide survey that opens on game launch, asking the gamer how they would rate their computer too handle games out of 10, given this information we could calculate which would be affecting the public more, long wait times, or more GPU load.

Best Regards,

Env11
Last edited by Env11; Dec 19, 2016 at 01:50 AM.
Originally Posted by Env11 View Post
Yeah I agree with the points you all are making, however.

That issue could be mitigated by creating tabs but only one set is visible at a time, understanding the concern of the GPU, wouldn't doing this segregate the GPU load, in return reduce wait times?

However, even if this bottlenecked legacy GPU's this would only kick in after 7+ players are in the server (cutting the client-side affect in half), at which point the server would send out an optional invite to join a server that has less than 7 players so their PC can perform better. If they are playing with a friend, there should be a party system where the party can move together.

If not, totally understood with the GPU load, but we should run a game wide survey that opens on game launch, asking the gamer how they would rate their computer too handle games out of 10, given this information we could calculate which would be affecting the public more, long wait times, or more GPU load.

Best Regards,

Env11

I think there's far more people with lower-end computers than you realize. People in this game with computers capable of rendering two matches on the same screen (which, by the way, is more of an engine issue than a hardware one) are in the far minority.

The tabs idea is a great idea. It could really revolutionize the game. With enough rings, there'd be servers with virtually no wait time at all. That seems like an obvious statement, but it really is a big thing for this game.
Actually this could be easy to realize when not every match is visible at once,
you just choose from the ongoing fights which one to spectate.

After you are tired from fighting that same guy
you could probably send somebody in the same room a fighting apply to switch between players.. the forced spectating would be erased.

This would also help against all these rage quitters,
because they could choose who they fight next, without getting punished down the line.
Enjoint life