Ranking
Coke, you're a good friend, but please don't post here anymore for the purpose of flaming. I've read through this and Jim is completely right- I remember him defending you on a few occasions when people (and by people I mean Kraetyz) flamed you.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Well, I am sad to see our brainchild finally go down, although I'm quite honestly surprised at how long this experiment survived.

When I created Phoenix (a long freaking time ago), I created it specifically to address many of the problems that I saw in Toribash clans at the time. Problems like one person having absolute control over a clan, regular members not being recognized for their contributions, the lightning-quick building up and death of most clans, etc. When I melded Phoenix into Fusion I hoped that I could carry on that vision into Fusion, and I think we succeeded for a while.

I feel like 3.0 was the first ring of the death knell for this clan. It just became too easy to make a clan "official" after that. I just came back to these forums after a long hiatus, and I am baffled at how many official clans there are.

There's also the fact that making the game free opened up the other features of this game to people who would previously have to have paid for them. It kind of just opened up the community to hordes of people who didn't care about the community. I liked the old days of Toribash where you could go into a registered server and people in there would know who you were. Clans were built on reputation, and that idea kind of just fell apart after 3.0.

Toribash is still a fun game, but college has taken away a large chunk of my free time. And I don't feel as connected to this community as I once did. So, to everyone who made Fusion what it was, thanks for all the good times, and I'm sad Fusion seems to be done.

And if any of you would be interested in reviving this clan, I might be open to the suggestion.

Cheers.
Last edited by wormguy; Dec 23, 2008 at 06:33 AM.